Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Pro Fight Glove Analysis - Everlast, Ringside and Reyes.

12K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  michel 
#1 ·
I just got a pair of Everlast 8 oz, Ringside 8 oz and Cleto Reyes 8 oz professional fight gloves in the mail. And I must said, they all have great attributes of their own. I will now break down and let you know whichs ones are best for your preference.

Cleto Reyes Professional Fight Gloves 8 oz - $119.99

If your looking for a glove with great fit, small, very little padding and beautiful looking on the outside because of the high quality leather. These are the gloves of your choice. The first thing you notice is the magnificent smell of leather that they use to put these together in Mexico. When you slip them on, they feel like they mold perfectly to your hand. You could almost fight with these without lacing them up they fit so well. You push down on the knuckle area of your glove, and you see why they call it the punchers glove. You pressed down about 1/4 inch and you can feel your knuckles. They feel lighter than 8 oz as well. The perfect glove if you have the money and no hand problems.

Everlast Professional Fight Gloves 8 oz - $99.99

You can't go wrong with these gloves. The padding in them feels hard as a rock, but are definently hand protectant. But this doesnt limit your power. The extra padding makes for great hand protection and great power if you already are blessed with it. The leather is beautiful, not as high dollar as the Reyes though. These gloves are much bigger on the outside than the Reyes. But my hand fits perfectly in them. The cuff is extra long and really lets you feel in control of your punches. These gloves are great if you dont want to spend the extra 20 on Reyes. They are not as high quality, but they are definently worth it.

Ringside Professional Fight Gloves 8 oz - 49.99

I thought the reyes would be my favorite glove of the punch. But surprisingly these cheap little things are. I say cheap becasue of the price but they are very well put together. Great stiching and Great leather. If you have hand problems or never want to have hand problems, these are the gloves for you. You would swear these were replica's of the 129dollar grant pro bag gloves. They are amazing. The hand fit is the best of all three. The padding is the best of all three, the comfort is the best of all three and weight feels lighter than them all. Well I take that back. The reyes feel lighter. The padding is going to restrict your power a little but not much. They simply are amazing. They look great. They feel great and they are half the price of the others. Do yourself a favor, Order 2 of them.

My Overall assessment. If you want to knock someone out. Get the Reyes. If you want to knock someone out and not have to worry about breaking your hand, get the Everlast. If you want a glove that will last forever, cause you no hand problems, are extremely comfortable and doesnt hurt your power very much. Go with the ringside gloves.

Im about 5'10 5'11 and weigh 175 pounds for those that need that info as well. I'm also going to be posting this in blog form as well.

See less See more
#7 ·
haha I just decided to spend a few bucks, i need to lol for my own sake. The pro mex are still on backorder along with the grants, they should both be in around the 1st of may. can't freakin wait. Until then, I got some grant campeon 10 oz ameteur gloves in today, they were 59.99 at grant, I got 2 pairs for my sparring/fights that i hold sometimes in the garage with anyone. They have great padding surprisingly for grants, for knuckles, power is diminished a little with them. But the hand fit is great, although it takes about a weeks worth of use to break them in. Excellent gloves, I would even recommend them for bag use, But for all you ameteurs looking for a great glove thats easy to get on and off, I highly recommend these. I've been through some intense hour long sparring sessiosn lately with these things and they dont have a mark on them and look and smell brand new.

#8 ·
Boxing gloves manufacturers

cleto reyes are excellent well made boxing gloves.
Ringside boxing gloves are good but as you mentioned not as hard wearing.
lonsdale provide some good gloves for both sparring and for competition.

My definitive guide to gloves is that if you want something special and you have the money go for the cleto reyes collection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.