Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well i have a really good trainer i've been working with for about 3 months now. Hes taught me basically everything i know, but the problem is hes not very reliable. I mean he works at 3 different gyms and trains a lot of guys so i barely ever get to train with him. He only comes to my gym twice a week and i only train with him for about 15 minutes each time. Plus sometimes he doesnt even show up or comes really late. Right now im trying to move on to the next level so i can hopefully get my first fight in a few months, because im almost 18 and i dont have any time to waste. Should i get a new trainer who can help me out or should i just stick with him?

·
Registered
19 Posts
boxing training & trainers - it isn't personal

Well i have a really good trainer i've been working with for about 3 months now. Hes taught me basically everything i know, but the problem is hes not very reliable. I mean he works at 3 different gyms and trains a lot of guys so i barely ever get to train with him. He only comes to my gym twice a week and i only train with him for about 15 minutes each time. Plus sometimes he doesnt even show up or comes really late. Right now im trying to move on to the next level so i can hopefully get my first fight in a few months, because im almost 18 and i dont have any time to waste. Should i get a new trainer who can help me out or should i just stick with him?
No reason you can't get a new guy and work with your current trainer sometimes too.

The main thing is that it isn't personal - your boxing training is YOURS and if this guy isn't around enough you should find someone new to at least supplement your boxing training.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You might want to ask your trainer if he can reccomend someone who has more time to train you. That way he's in the loop and doesn't feel like you're looking for other trainers behind his back, and he can reccomend someone whose training style complements his so you're not learning two different things.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You might want to ask your trainer if he can reccomend someone who has more time to train you. That way he's in the loop and doesn't feel like you're looking for other trainers behind his back, and he can reccomend someone whose training style complements his so you're not learning two different things.
well i dont want to actually ask him for another trainer lol that would be weird. If i do get another trainer i already have someone in mind who helps me out sometimes, but im not exactly sure if he trains amateurs and gets them fights, or if he just teaches people boxing to get in shape.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.