Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great fight and he proved the naysayers wrong. He is still great 5 pounds up and his debut at 140 should be great.

Plus, Diaz deserves some love. that guy has tons of heart. He fought through a vicious cut and his body just gave out on him.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Diaz showed great heart. But Pacquiao was just too powerful, fast and strong. I was surprised at how good Pacquiao looked. He was very impressive. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
The PacMan was/is incredible. I think he takes Hatton with relative ease. Hell, he might even beat De La Hoya if they could somehow work out the way. He might be a seven weight division title holder before it's all said and done. He just keeps getting bigger and not losing anything that makes him so explosive as he steps up in weight. Diaz was so gutsy and I couldn't help but root for him. His post-fight interview was the stuff of legend. "Sheeeeeeeeittt." :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
All I liked about Diaz was his interview. The guy was even worse than I remembered. I've said for a year that there's a reason EVERYONE wanted to fight him. IMO he was just keeping that belt warm for his next opponent, whoever it was. Heart or no heart Diaz is trash. Pacquiao's speed was in another galaxy compared to him.

·
Registered
707 Posts
pac man looked awsome but let's not get crazy Nate Oscar has plenty of speed of his own and allot more power. Now Hatton that would be a great fight I liked the angles he gave Diaz and the speed let's not forget Diaz was chosen for a reason I didn't see them going after Casamayor or Campbell or even Juan Diaz.Even now at his age Casa gives Manny all he can handle matching speed and better movement with lots of pop in his shots.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Oscar would beat Pacquiao. That isn't really debatable IMO. Hatton has no shot. I'd take Pacquiao over Casamayor.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sounds like this was a great fight last night..... Im gonna try and find a video of it online somewhere.....

·
Registered
326 Posts
I don't think it was that impressive since Diaz got a judges gift against old Morales, I think he is overrated

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I thought this would go the distance so yeah it was a great performance from Pac. I knew he could definitely hurt Diaz since a shot Morales put him down but I never thought it would be this easy.
It's funny cause a lot of people were like "Yeah Oscar looked good against Forbes" or "Hatton's performance against Lazcano was pretty good" but out of all the guys who fought low level opponents lately only Cotto and Pac looked good and Pac fought a champ at a higher weight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good fight. (new to the forums) ... At first when I started watching I thought Pacquiao would get tired in the later rounds because he was so up to speed in the beginning ... but he didn't. He doesn't seem to get tired and his right hook was amazing. Diaz was a good sport though ... funny interview. :laugh:

·
Registered
661 Posts
Oscar would beat Pacquiao. That isn't really debatable IMO. Hatton has no shot. I'd take Pacquiao over Casamayor.
Shane I think you are being a bit irrational after that performance. What was you opinion of Hatton-Pac before last night? The only thing we learned about Pac last night was that he could carry the 5 pounds. Diaz is a very limited fighter and he most definitely is not in Hatton's league. How you can say that Hatton has no shot is beyond me.

It's very simple for me, Hatton is favourite for this one if it ever happens. He is a big man at 140 and Pac will be fighting 35 pounds above the weight he started out at. Yes he looked comfortable at 135, but Hatton at 140 is an entirely different animal to Diaz.

Either way, saying Hatton hasn't got a shot is absolutely ridiculous.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Pac's right hand looked amazing. He's without a doubt the best fighter in the world bar none. I dont care how bad diaz is, he had a belt, it was pacs first fight at 135. Its 30 pounds above his natural weight. More so than mayweather. It's his 4th world title. If he can go to 140 and win a title and beat hatton. I'd say he ranks right up there with mayweather. Some of you guys dont' realize how freaking good this guy really is. He may very well surpass Roy Jones Jr and Floyd Mayweather on the ATG list. He has a hof resume and he's only 29 years old.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Also, It should be 5 titles. When he beat barrera at 126, it was for the ring magazine title. Although no OFFICIAL, he still held that belt. So it should indeed already be 5 titles in 5 weightclasses.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Pac's right hand looked amazing. He's without a doubt the best fighter in the world bar none. I dont care how bad diaz is, he had a belt, it was pacs first fight at 135. Its 30 pounds above his natural weight. More so than mayweather. It's his 4th world title. If he can go to 140 and win a title and beat hatton. I'd say he ranks right up there with mayweather. Some of you guys dont' realize how freaking good this guy really is. He may very well surpass Roy Jones Jr and Floyd Mayweather on the ATG list. He has a hof resume and he's only 29 years old.

I don't underestimate how good he is at all. His right hand is nothing new, it's phenomenal. I just think it is ridiculous to say Hatton has no chance. If Pac beats him then he deserves all the praise he will get.

But I can never forget that Marquez beat him twice and for that reason he is not the all conquering superman.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The two Marquez fights were debatable. I thought the second fight was a draw but it was such a close fight, I don't think its fair to come out and talk like Marquez clearly won both fights because that just didn't happen.

Brilliant showing from pacman, just a brutal demolition of Diaz and even though Diaz really isn't up to much, it was still a very good boxing display. Props to Diaz for surviving for so long, his face was just a mess by the end and the ref was right to stop it when he went down.

All in all, very impressive from pacman and the prospect of a fight with Hatton (maybe in Wembley) is very exciting.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I don't underestimate how good he is at all. His right hand is nothing new, it's phenomenal. I just think it is ridiculous to say Hatton has no chance. If Pac beats him then he deserves all the praise he will get.

But I can never forget that Marquez beat him twice and for that reason he is not the all conquering superman.
I had pac winning both fights. I had this argument with shane last night. I just can't give them to marquez, but i can definently understand the argument.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts