• Mayweather - KO or TKO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Pryor overwhelms "Money May" and beats him down. Pryor wouldn't care if PBF was blocking the shots or not, he'd still be giving out an insane workrate.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Pryor overwhelms "Money May" and beats him down. Pryor wouldn't care if PBF was blocking the shots or not, he'd still be giving out an insane workrate.
I swear the longer ago they fought, the better they were in your books.

What modern fighter beats any all time great to you? Seriously.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wellllll this depends. How coked is Pryor?

Not coked at all, Mayweather by TKO.

Mildly coked, Mayweather by UD.

Coked out of his mind, close toss up fight that could go either way.
Coke ruined the guy's career, it didn't improve it as you suggest. Have you seen him fighting Hearns in the amateurs? He fought the exact same way he did in his pro fights; relentless.

This fight is close til Mayweather wilts under the pressure and workrate in the championship rounds. Mayweather would not be able to dance and counter punch his way to victory in this one. At 140 Pryor is pretty much unbeatable.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
I swear the longer ago they fought, the better they were in your books.

What modern fighter beats any all time great to you? Seriously.
Very few. Boxing has regressed a lot. I feel boxing was at it's peak from around the late 1930's-the early/mid 1980's. After that seem to be going down hill in many different ways.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Coke ruined the guy's career, it didn't improve it as you suggest. Have you seen him fighting Hearns in the amateurs? He fought the exact same way he did in his pro fights; relentless.

This fight is close til Mayweather wilts under the pressure and workrate in the championship rounds. Mayweather would not be able to dance and counter punch his way to victory in this one. At 140 Pryor is pretty much unbeatable.
Coke is how he survived Arguello's punches in the first fight. It's a performance enhancing drug, this is not up for debate. Long term it ruins a career, short term is can be highly effective.

Also in the amateurs Tommy was not a Hitman.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Coke is how he survived Arguello's punches in the first fight. It's a performance enhancing drug, this is not up for debate. Long term it ruins a career, short term is can be highly effective.

Also in the amateurs Tommy was not a Hitman.
No, he "survived" Arguello in the first fight with his iron chin, stamina and determination, which he showed again in the second fight, only knocking him out earlier. I don't know if he was coked up and you don't either, so you're speaking without a leg to stand on.

Hearns was only one year away from going pro and even in the amateurs he was a monster.

With or Without coke Pryor overwhelms Floyd.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
No, he "survived" Arguello in the first fight with his iron chin, stamina and determination, which he showed again in the second fight, only knocking him out earlier. I don't know if he was coked up and you don't either, so you're speaking without a leg to stand on.

Hearns was only one year away from going pro and even in the amateurs he was a monster.

With or Without coke Pryor overwhelms Floyd.
I know he was coked....

You could even see it in his eyes.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know he was coked....

You could even see it in his eyes.
He fought no differently from his other pro fights, duke didn't all of a sudden fight that way. You can't determine whether someone is coked up from their eyes alone, unless you have a urine sample from after the fight or he admits it, it's unfounded.

I digress, Pryor defeats Mayweather by way of late round ko.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Bill said it right. The peak of boxing was from the 1930s to the 1980s. Actually, I would start that at the 1920s though. Dempsey, Tunney, Langford, Wills, the roaring twenties was chock full of great fighters.

All Pryor has to do is catch him. Which would be pretty easy if he comes at Mayweather the same way that he came after Arguello in the second fight (I did not see the first fight.)

Pryor KO4 Mayweather

Cocaine destroyed Pryor by the time that he fought Bobby Joe Young. In that fight, Pryor quit claiming that his eyes hurt. He only had three fights after that, knocking out all opponents who just happened to be bums.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Pryor at Jr. Welterweight is the greatest of all time IMO. I don't think anybody beats him at that weight.

Pryor KO8 Mayweather

He'd need to wear PBF down and catch him clean and if he came at Mayweather he'd need to find a way to catch him clean which is far easier said then done. But I think eventually he'd land some nice shots and be able to wear Floyd down and stop him in the 8th.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts