Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Mental Midget
4,194 Posts
I thought that the fight was very close and could have gone either way. Once the point deduction came, I was sure that at least one judge would have Ike winning the fight.(Which by the way was unnecessary anyway. Quartey pulled his head down, causing the punch he already released to Barely catch him on the top of his cup. It should have been a warning, and Ike should have been given plenty of time to recoop.)

I thought both Vernon, and Ike fought very solid, and they both left it all in the ring. Its a shame that someone had to lose, but I think Forrest will give some better action fights down the line than Quartey will.

· Mental Midget
4,194 Posts
Oh, and I could easily understand the 2 94-95 scores, but i think that the 93-96 Lathan put up was a little suspect. If the other 2 judges would have been split, there would be ALOT of criticism about her scoring of that bout right now.

· Mental Midget
4,194 Posts
Are you sure about that? I couldve sworn that Michael buffer said Melvina Lathan scored the 93-96. Anyways, I dont have the showtime, so I dont get to see their action. Im really hapy though with the quality of the fights lately on HBO's non PPV fights. Its going to be good coming up too, with Paul Wlliams/Sharmba Mitchell. Cant wait!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.