Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a heavy bag and gloves recently so I could exercise a little (my weight needs to go down, or at least transform into muscle), but I need some advice on wraps. Mostly just information on pricing and quality, as well as how to tape my hands if I just use simple tape rather than some kind of specialty wrap.

I'm not planning on spending too much, just enough to ensure I don't end up with a sprained wrist from throwing a bad punch! Any and all advice will be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
you can get cheap 105s from Everlast for like 5 bucks/pair...180s for less than $10/pair...for the extra 5 bucks you get much better protection with the 180s- just be carefull not to wrap too tight with the longer semi-elastic wraps- might take some time to get it right but when it's right you'll know it. no other taping is required beyond the wrap itself- and they last darn near forever.

i got some pretty tough old hands but i still won't hit a heavy bag without wraps.

good luck.

·
Registered
841 Posts
If you do get some wraps make sure you get the mexican wraps(longer). Wraps are generally cheap all around no matter what brand, you'll prob spend less than you would buying the tape you were thinking about using.

·
Registered
75 Posts
what about the evergels? are those any good? im very new to the sport, so forgive me if thats too weird a question
don't apologize. that's what a boxing forum is for ya know? i'm a newbie too but if any pompous boxer fanatic pulls that *****....mama says to knock em out. haha
jk peace and lov

anyway i've tried those evergels by everlast, it really has great knuckle padding. they're meant to be worn underneath ur bag/fight gloves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts