Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
It really all depends on the boxer and the point they are in their career.
If were talking amateurs, you could have 20 fights or more a year. If you're a pro, you may only have 2 a year, or you may have 5 or 6 if you're very active.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
punchingbag said:
There is pretty significant difference. Since Spiderbloke already asked, I won't.

Just a thought; about how long do you practice before going to the first fight of the year?
your trainer will let you know when he thinks your ready for a fight, ive seen guys get fights as soon as they've passed there medical. a kid who now trains down my gym had his first fight after a month against another novice.

to answer your other question the pro's are fighting 12 round fights and the amatuers are mostly fighting 3 2 minute rounds, a 12 round fight can do a lot of damage to the body and rest is needed, rest is just as important as training in the fight game. obviously in the AM ranks you dont get hurt as much and the fights dont take as much out of you so your good to go again pretty quick after a fight.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TommyGunn said:
your trainer will let you know when he thinks your ready for a fight, ive seen guys get fights as soon as they've passed there medical. a kid who now trains down my gym had his first fight after a month against another novice.

to answer your other question the pro's are fighting 12 round fights and the amatuers are mostly fighting 3 2 minute rounds, a 12 round fight can do a lot of damage to the body and rest is needed, rest is just as important as training in the fight game. obviously in the AM ranks you dont get hurt as much and the fights dont take as much out of you so your good to go again pretty quick after a fight.
Thanks for the answers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts