Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to be posting this so if not move it to the correct forum.

Ok anyway....

I'm 15 & i love watching boxing... i even love watching ufc.

I would like to start boxing but i dont know where to start.. i mainly want to learn due to self defence etc because i always get 'picked' on. :mad:

But i dont know where/how to start.. im hoping thats where you could come in :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'm in scotland, united kingdom.

I'm 6'1 & 145-150 pounds & i look very slim as if im underweight.

I'm always eating but never seem to gain weight

·
Registered
4,432 Posts

Start eating protein. I used to say the same thing you're saying right now and i was 107 pounds. It was pretty much bullshit i was eating foods i shouldn't have been eating and saying i eat a lot. Eat a lot of meat if you'd like to gain weight.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts

Im Scottish too, which part of the country are you from?

Let me know and i'll make a few calls and find out the best place in your area or nearby. :thumbsup:

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts

I wouldn't worry about that, your trainer will be able to help when you find a gym :thumbsup::thumbsup:.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Start eating protein. I used to say the same thing you're saying right now and i was 107 pounds. It was pretty much bullshit i was eating foods i shouldn't have been eating and saying i eat a lot. Eat a lot of meat if you'd like to gain weight.
What do you mean by start eating protein? Any meals which you recommend?
Im Scottish too, which part of the country are you from?

Let me know and i'll make a few calls and find out the best place in your area or nearby. :thumbsup:
I'm in falkirk buddy what about you :)

·
Banned
25,672 Posts

Close by, im near Stirling bud. :thumbsup:

Get yourself to Banochburn if your parents have the transport, its the best club by far in our area. :)

I go out in Falkirk a bit, used to go to Roses a lot and still hit the Martel back and forward. Falkirk chicks are easy. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Close by, im near Stirling bud. :thumbsup:

Get yourself to Banochburn if your parents have the transport, its the best club by far in our area. :)

I go out in Falkirk a bit, used to go to Roses a lot and still hit the Martel back and forward. Falkirk chicks are easy. :D
Is there any bus routes that go near by the club?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Is there any bus routes that go near by the club?
You'll get a bus in Falkirk town Centre direct to Stirling bud, it'll have to pass through Banochburn. Next time your up the town just go to a bus stop and check the time tables, id imagine they'd be pretty frequent though. :thumbsup:

Your training there is only £2 a night. :thumbsup:

Some good fighters passed through there. Kevin Anderson used to go down for the sparring and Jamie Coyle trains there just now. He's just fought Rhodes for the British title not too long ago.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts

Anything with protein in it. Eat some steaks, meat any kind of meat, if you like eggs than eat some eggs but take the yolk out of it. Eat some peanuts. I'm sure you know things with protein in it. If you're looking to pack on pounds eat things like that and a lot of it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You'll get a bus in Falkirk town Centre direct to Stirling bud, it'll have to pass through Banochburn. Next time your up the town just go to a bus stop and check the time tables, id imagine they'd be pretty frequent though. :thumbsup:

Your training there is only £2 a night. :thumbsup:

Some good fighters passed through there. Kevin Anderson used to go down for the sparring and Jamie Coyle trains there just now. He's just fought Rhodes for the British title not too long ago.
I'll take a look at the timetables tommorow... i think the main problem would be actualy finding the club once i get off the bus haha :D

Anything with protein in it. Eat some steaks, meat any kind of meat, if you like eggs than eat some eggs but take the yolk out of it. Eat some peanuts. I'm sure you know things with protein in it. If you're looking to pack on pounds eat things like that and a lot of it.
Thanks buddy & as for eggs i do like them & this brings me onto a new question now haha Ive heard that if you put some eggs in a glass without cooking and drink them its good for your body.. i aint tried it but im wondering if this is true?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Thanks buddy & as for eggs i do like them & this brings me onto a new question now haha Ive heard that if you put some eggs in a glass without cooking and drink them its good for your body.. i aint tried it but im wondering if this is true?
Don't even try it.. :laugh: You don't wanna get Salmonella poisoning do ya? I don't even suggest it anyway its disgusting i've tried it once. Just cook the eggs how you like without the yolk cause yolk gives you high cholesterol especially the amount in eggs.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I'll take a look at the timetables tommorow... i think the main problem would be actualy finding the club once i get off the bus haha :D
Its in the town mate, you'll find it no problem. :thumbsup:

Linden dont mind Tommy, that bus leads you right to his lair. Hes a from aberdeen man, hes sick and twisted. :laugh:
Just because i support them dont mean im from there son. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks for the helps guys... i didnt expect to get as much help seeing as this was my first ever post... very nice members here :p i'll let you guys know how i get on after going on a hunt for this club

1 - 20 of 29 Posts