1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
LeedsLad said:
How devastating a KO artist is he? At that power, he would probalby knock most guys out cold with any punch he landed.
he is a hard hitter in MMA i think but if he's fighting at cruiserweight in a boxing ring he's probably nowhere near the level of enzo or braithweight.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
lol if he hit at 1800 psi he would knock opponents out cold with any punch he landed no matter where it landed. It would make him the hardest hitter in history and i call bs on these number's 100 percent. he doesnt even have the right technique to hit at that psi. he may hit at 800 psi lol.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
TysonJones said:
lol if he hit at 1800 psi he would knock opponents out cold with any punch he landed no matter where it landed. It would make him the hardest hitter in history and i call bs on these number's 100 percent. he doesnt even have the right technique to hit at that psi. he may hit at 800 psi lol.
he'll be over 1200psi imo, we have a punch machine in our sports bar and i can hit 1074 and rampage could hit harder than me.

ricky hatton hits at 1000psi and rampage outweighs him by a good 70lbs

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LeedsLad said:
How devastating a KO artist is he? At that power, he would probalby knock most guys out cold with any punch he landed.
He knocked Liddell on his ass with a near glancing blow. If what you all say is true though, I doubt their results. I'm certain he's not the hardest of all time, that would be absurd. But he does have power.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
liddel's chin and everyone else in the ufc's chin is overrated, knocking up liddel doesnt mean much to be i ill agree with him hitting at above 1000 psi i just think 2000 psi is absurd.Like i said before you can hit at 1000 psi but unless you have a proper technique down you only hit at about 600 or 700 hundred and rampage doesnt have great technique in his punches. I weigh 173 pounds today and theres a psi machine at the bowling alley/ bar around where i live and I hold the highest recorded punch at that place at 1009 psi.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I saw that video a a couple weeks ago and didn't know they showed what psi it was.

Lets also remember that Rampage jackson fights and did that test with 4oz gloves. Had he be wearing 12oz boxing gloves his power would diminish slightly. There is no way he is near tysons punching power level. Plus Quinton is more of a ground and pound wrestler with big slams. His win over Chuck was his only big KO win.

·
Registered
397 Posts
TysonJones said:
liddel's chin and everyone else in the ufc's chin is overrated, knocking up liddel doesnt mean much to be i ill agree with him hitting at above 1000 psi i just think 2000 psi is absurd.Like i said before you can hit at 1000 psi but unless you have a proper technique down you only hit at about 600 or 700 hundred and rampage doesnt have great technique in his punches. I weigh 173 pounds today and theres a psi machine at the bowling alley/ bar around where i live and I hold the highest recorded punch at that place at 1009 psi.

Have you ever heard of Mark Hunt. Nobody can knock this guy out, NOBODY

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anyone can be KO'd. Sure some people have abnormally good chins, like Mark Hunt, Rodrigo Nogueira, etc but even they could be KO'd.

TysonJones said:
liddel's chin and everyone else in the ufc's chin is overrated, knocking up liddel doesnt mean much to be i ill agree with him hitting at above 1000 psi i just think 2000 psi is absurd.
I didn't know that in MMA many people's chins were rated? I've only heard a few people get the tag "great chin". Plus, 4 oz gloves does do a bit more when landing on one's jaw...

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
This is straight up retarded. First of all if I remember correctly, PSI is not measured with gloves. Aside from that, who cares how hard an MMA guy hits? They like to wrestle around and submit eachother. Rampage is my favorite dude in the UFC, but I do not believe that he punches at anywhere near 1800.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
This is straight up retarded. First of all if I remember correctly, PSI is not measured with gloves. Aside from that, who cares how hard an MMA guy hits? They like to wrestle around and submit eachother. Rampage is my favorite dude in the UFC, but I do not believe that he punches at anywhere near 1800.
Maybe not. I was just going by that video. PBF, a LOT of MMA guys base their strategy around striking and not grappling. They may use their grappling background to keep it on their feet the majority of the time if not all of the time, but there are a lot of guys whose whole strategy to win is to keep it standing. Lyoto Machida, Chuck Liddell, Mirko "Cro Cop", Pedro Rizzo, Marvin Eastman, Wanderlei Silva, Mark Hunt, etc. They may all have years of grappling training behind them but the feet is where they want to keep the fight... unless they find themselves again a superior striker.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts