594 Posts
Rafael Marquez vs Israel Vasquez Fight Results/Play by Play LIVE

Rafael Marquez vs Israel Vasquez Fight Results

August 4 - 12 rounds
Hidalgo Texas ( SHOWTIME )

for Marquez's Ring/WBC junior featherweight title;

FIGHT RESULTS TO FOLLOW

Edit: Capn'
I will be providing round by round Live updates including description and scoring right here! :thumbsup:

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
This just in,
Controversy before the fight from the locker room. Marquez's camp filed a protest with the WBC and Texas commissions about the manner in which Vazquez's hands were wrapped. Apparently they thought his wraps were done and then pulled further down the wrist? Rafael's camp threatened not to fight because of the skinning of the gloves. A Texas commissioner inspected the wraps of Vazquez and deemed them approved.

The fight will, however, go on.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Round3: one of the best rounds i've ever seen. Vazquez ROCKED Rafael with a hook to the cin, giving him chickenlegs. Rafael battled back and landed consistently, and then was caught with a few solid punches at the end of the round my Israel
Round to Israel
Vazquez got a good cut in the round as well. It also looks like Marquez has a cut under the eye

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Round5: WOW. back and forth round. Vazquez hit the canvas after an exchange of punches both ways (in the middle of a flurry) and it was ruled a slip, which it was.
I felt Vazquez barely won the round, but it was close

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Round6: Vazquez puts Marquez to the canvas! He goes on to finish him by a stoppage of the referee!

Vazquez landed a quick left hook to the body, then a short right uppercut inside, followed by a strong left hook which put him down.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
This was one HELL of a battle as expected. Can't wait for the 3rd fight of the trilogy.
You got the feeling during this fight that either guy could have been knocked out at any time because of the viscous blows they were both landing.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Now the jackass announcer is saying he thinks it was stopped too early. Jackass.
Marquez's legs were gone since the first knockdown of the round, and he was wobbly. The ref gave him almost half a round, while he was trying to stay away and recover, but he kept getting hit, and then was backed to the ropes were he was taking shots and was in bad shape. A VERY good stoppage if you ask me.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
that was an amzaing amazing fight. Definently foty and round 3 was definently round of the year by far with ease. I cant wait until the saga continues. Amazing fight.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
you couldnt really say the stoppage was that bad. i mean marquez was hurt and firign back though. Personally i would of loved it to last longer because i felt marquez could of turned it around possibly to and could of even added to the fight. I wish it would of went longer but i think the winner was clear in this fight. IT was so damn close though..im gonna watch it again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.