Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
This fight is taking place on a Wednesday night. Obviously, it hasn't lost any of its luster from the first time they went at it for the WBC heavyweight title back in '06. If it takes place as part of the Best Damn Sports Show, that's just icing on the proverbial cake. Neither guy has done much since to make this fight all that appealing. After testing positive for steroids, Toney is coming off a year of inactivity which is incredibly rare for him as he has been one of those most busy fighters for the last two decades. Rahman has gotten knocked out by Maskaev and then fought four cupcakes. For as great an infighter and counterpuncher as Toney is, he's a pretty unlikeable guy, but it's not like Rahman has ever been confused for man of the year either. Even though he's the older guy, as long as he hasn't gotten too much fatter, I'll go with Toney and his boxing skills over Rahman's one lucky punch against Lennox Lewis.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This fight is taking place on a Wednesday night. Obviously, it hasn't lost any of its luster from the first time they went at it for the WBC heavyweight title back in '06. If it takes place as part of the Best Damn Sports Show, that's just icing on the proverbial cake. Neither guy has done much since to make this fight all that appealing. After testing positive for steroids, Toney is coming off a year of inactivity which is incredibly rare for him as he has been one of those most busy fighters for the last two decades. Rahman has gotten knocked out by Maskaev and then fought four cupcakes. For as great an infighter and counterpuncher as Toney is, he's a pretty unlikeable guy, but it's not like Rahman has ever been confused for man of the year either. Even though he's the older guy, as long as he hasn't gotten too much fatter, I'll go with Toney and his boxing skills over Rahman's one lucky punch against Lennox Lewis.
I'm in the same boat as you on this one Nate. Toney by UD this time if he isn't 300 pounds.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I forget who he fought, but Rahman looked abasolutely horrible in his last fight. he was overweight and looked pretty badly out of shape. Toney UD

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I forget who he fought, but Rahman looked abasolutely horrible in his last fight. he was overweight and looked pretty badly out of shape. Toney UD
That was Zuri Lawrence, the guy that Calvin Brock nearly killed a couple years ago with a Joe Frazier-like left hook. His eyes are still rolling around in the back of his head. The last Rahman fight I saw was the one on the Versus network against Taurus Sykes. What a joke that was...The Rock came in at 261 pounds! All he did was clinch and lean on the smaller guy.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Toney wont show up in great shape and we all know that.. The question is Rahman, if he shows up in great shape he might win a decision over a lazy toney.. If he doesnt come up in great shape, toney beats him

1 - 9 of 9 Posts