Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Overall ranking after week 2's completion.

1. RottenApple - 82PTS
2. Icantbox - 81PTS
3. LeedsLad - 78PTS
4. PrettyBoyFloyd - 76PTS
5. TommyGunn - 66PTS
---Jroc - 66PTS
7. ViolentDemise - 62PTS
8. TysonJones - 56PTS
9. WelshDevilRob - 55PTS
10. Megarodon - 49TS
11. Brutus - 48PTS
12. S2X - 47PTS
13. CaptainObvious - 42PTS
14. Balistik - 40PTS
15. BigDigga - 34PTS
16. RagingRyan - 31PTS*
17. WickedShot - 26PTS*
18. P4PKING - 21PTS*
19. ItalianBull - 16PTS*
20. prettyboywho - 8PTS*

* = Members who did not submit picks for week 2

Individual Scores for week 2 only.

LeedsLad - 41
VD - 39
Balistik - 16
Welshdevilrob - 24
ICANTBOX - 42
JROC - 45
TYSONJONES - 38
RottenAPPLE - 51
MEGARODON - 25
Prettyboyfloyd - 45
TOMMYGUNN - 33
BRUTUS - 25
CAPTAINOBVIOUS - 21
BIGDIGGA - 21
S2X - 23

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Congratulations to everyone who did well. The Johnson-Gonzalez fight screwed nearly everyone. Big thumbs up to RottenApple who scored 51 points this week! Great job.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Damn I did Crappy... Hope I can pick it up in the Next one .. gotta get closer to the top ..

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I did pretty good. I like the fact that only one person seem to get the johnson fight correct. All fights should be that hard to pick and this is the great thing about boxing, Anyone can win. Congrats apple on GUESSING johnson lol.

·
Registered
652 Posts
That's my bad week out of the way.:D

Is the competition running for 20 weeks?

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't decided when I will end the competition. I'm thinking ten weeks right now, but that is tentative.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Why not make it an everlasting thing. Or since we started at the beginning of 2008, end it at the beginning of 09. Like a once a year contest or something. Just my opinion. If we only get it going for 10 weeks, it'll eventually die, but if set a date far enough in the future to keep it alive, it may work better.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I'm doing really bad.. I mean, my mom is predicting better than me, and until a week ago she didnt know was the hw champ of the world she said something like isnt that guy that beat mike tyson? holyfield?..
When she saw the promotion on Kltischko Ibragimov (after I explained tyson is retired and these guys are fighting for Hw title) she said the tall guy is gonna win by points, he doesnt look like a bad man so he wins by points over the chubby one. :(

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
damn it, now I'm number 2. My ego is deflated again...:D

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why not make it an everlasting thing. Or since we started at the beginning of 2008, end it at the beginning of 09. Like a once a year contest or something. Just my opinion. If we only get it going for 10 weeks, it'll eventually die, but if set a date far enough in the future to keep it alive, it may work better.
I think the opposite. If we make it too long guys will eventually miss a week or something and then lose interest. Also, if you just have a year long league by about August some members may be so far behind that they just quit. If I do one every 3-4 months we can have better participation and more winners unless I win them all, which is possible.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I think the easiest way would be to run 3 months at a time. Then if the same person won more than once they should get extra points or something.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Every few weeks sounds good Shane.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
what's the difference? When all is said and done I will be your champion and I expect a shrine to be built for me out of bronze. There must be a gold plaque as well... :laugh:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts