Rate Hatton' Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 348 Posts

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ricky put together real good body-head combos mixing uppercuts, hooks, and rightands and was aggressive with effective pressure. His glaring weakness was his defense (or lackthere of) he was hurt a couple of times jumping in with no jab, and got caught by an exhausted Lazcano in the 11th which suggest his chin is not good. He clearly won but his face looked battered at the end and seemed to get tired around the 8th. Hatton should have taken Lazcano out, Juan was game, but it seems that if he had flurried a couple times in the 11th and 12th he could of stopped him.

Taking everything into consideration since he came into this fight having taken a week off of training camp due to sickness, he did a good job.

How would you rate Hatton' performance against a game Lazcano?

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
I give him a low B and maybe a B-. Not his best performance but good enough for me to refuse to accept he's past it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'd give him a 7. Good when boxing slightly more at range but as so often is the case with hatton smothered a lot of his best work by charging in, especially when he could've stood off a little and maybe picked his shots to finish lazcano. Plus defence was a bit lax but against lazcano and in front of his home fans that's understandable. Looked pretty good going forward, and still the man at 140.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
8/10 judging it by the 10/10 from the Kostya fight. He took a few but thats Ricky.

G

·
i give him a 7. a good start to get back into it and porve hes got plenty left. what i think was significant was that Ricky was the stronger fighter in the second half of the fight where everyone thought he wasnt able for 12 anymore. that pleased me most.HES BACK!!!! :laugh:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Honestly, I thought that it was a rather mediocre performance for the Mancurian. Not stellar by any means, but not at all the absolute horror that Wally Matthews' calling of the fight on VERSUS would have you believe either. Though, I will agree that Hatton's getting rocked twice in rounds 8 & 10 WAS a bit troubling.

Not to the point of wishing he'd "pack it in" soon like Matthews so dramatically put it, but enough to where the wear & tear of the past couple of years was definitely evident. I wouldn't say that Ricky's well past it, but it's certain that his very best days are a wee bit behind him in the rearview mirror.

Were I his people, I'd see about his having four, maybe five more fights tops ( depending on how tough they are ) & then calling it a day. Though really, I'd hate to see him waste his time with Mallinaggi now after that bloke's horrid display earlier on the card. I mean, for ****'s sake, people want to see a fighter FIGHT, not get a bloody hair cut & go through some sort of an emotional crisis between rounds!

I just despise watching that individual fight & would rather see Hatton give the payday to just about anyone OTHER than the dull as dishwater, power puff punching New Yorker! :thumbsdown:

·
Banned
145 Posts
he put on a good performance, Did get stunned a couple of times but no doubt he basically dominated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Honestly, I thought that it was a rather mediocre performance for the Manchurian. Not stellar by any means, but not at all the absolute horror that Wally Matthews' calling of the fight on VERSUS would have you believe either. Though, I will agree that Hatton's getting rocked twice in rounds 8 & 10 WAS a bit troubling.

Not to the point of wishing he'd "pack it in" soon like Matthews so dramatically put it, but enough to where the wear & tear of the past couple of years was definitely evident. I wouldn't say that Ricky's well past it, but it's certain that his very best days are a wee bit behind him in the rearview mirror.

Were I his people, I'd see about his having four, maybe five more fights tops ( depending on how tough they are ) & then calling it a day. Though really, I'd hate to see him waste his time with Mallinaggi now after that bloke's horrid display earlier on the card. I mean, for f**k's sake, people want to see a fighter FIGHT, not get a bloody hair cut & go through some sort of an emotional crisis between rounds!

I just despise watching that individual fight & would rather see Hatton give the payday to just about anyone OTHER than the dull as dishwater, power puff punching New Yorker! :thumbsdown:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Honestly, I thought that it was a rather mediocre performance for the Manchurian. Not stellar by any means, but not at all the absolute horror that Wally Matthews' calling of the fight on VERSUS would have you believe either. Though, I will agree that Hatton's getting rocked twice in rounds 8 & 10 WAS a bit troubling.

Were I his people, I'd see about his having four, maybe five more fights tops ( depending on how tough they are ) & then calling it a day. Though really, I'd hate to see him waste his time with Mallinaggi now after that bloke's horrid display earlier on the card. I mean, for f**k's sake, people want to see a fighter FIGHT, not get a bloody hair cut & go through some sort of an emotional crisis between rounds!

Good post Jim. I agree with pretty much everything you said. Welcome to the forum. My name is shane if you ever need anything.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Good post Jim. I agree with pretty much everything you said. Welcome to the forum. My name is shane if you ever need anything.

Jim,

To my knowledge anyone that does not ask Shane for help has ended up in the woods at some point gathering moss, he carries a firearm you know :eek:

I am almost entirely and universally being gratuitously unfair and telling lies about him:D

P.S

Logic....if you just lie as guesswork all the time, you have to end up hitting the mark and right in the end, and when you do you seem like you can see what is unknown....so always tell lies and guess about EVERYthing Haha

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Jim,

To my knowledge anyone that does not ask Shane for help has ended up in the woods at some point gathering moss, he carries a firearm you know :eek:

P.S

I am almost entirely/universally being gratuitously being unfair and telling lies about him:D
:laugh::laugh:

1 - 20 of 348 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.