Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought of someone that i havent seen be mentioned much.
The greatest fighter ever sugar ray robinson :) i think ray is the best fighter to ever step in the ring. A master fighter. What are you guys foughts of the legend? :D

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
IMO he is overrated. He was the most rounded fighter of all time, but IMO that shouldn't mean he is the greatest. I have him at #2 P4P, and the greatest welterweight of all time.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
bill1234 said:
IMO he is overrated. He was the most rounded fighter of all time, but IMO that shouldn't mean he is the greatest. I have him at #2 P4P, and the greatest welterweight of all time.
Overrated but have him #2 P4P? Now I'm confused?:dunno:

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
KNUCKLE UP said:
Overrated but have him #2 P4P? Now I'm confused?:dunno:

Like 90% of the people have him at #1 by a mile. And consider it just stupid to even think of having someone else as #1.

·
All-Time Great
158 Posts
tyson said:
Just thought of someone that i havent seen be mentioned much.
The greatest fighter ever sugar ray robinson :) i think ray is the best fighter to ever step in the ring. A master fighter. What are you guys foughts of the legend? :D
What more can be said? He was the best fighter ever, period, end of story. Regardless of weight class. Watch him at Welterweight and you're witnessing boxing perfection.

Poet

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bill1234 said:
cool well can i ask who your number 1 is then? Because i cant think of any one better than robinson

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
You could watch Robinson for a couple of minutes and you'd know how damn good he was. He seemed to a complete fighter, no flaws and just simply a masterful boxer. He would be my P4P#1 all-time but it would take some time to think up one for sure.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
tyson said:
cool well can i ask who your number 1 is then? Because i cant think of any one better than robinson
He'll say Holmes!:laugh: Nah, J/K. I bet he says Willie Pep!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Id have to be controversial and say Marciano has a shout at being the greatest. 49 and 0, 43 knockouts, and at 5ft 11 and 184pounds not the biggest . A man who didn't have the sublime skills of Sugar Ray, but was undefeated and undisputed until the day he quit. In history it isn't opinion that speaks, its statistics.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
tyson said:
Willie Pep. Basilio's with me on this, and so was Marciano.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
KNUCKLE UP said:
He'll say Holmes!:laugh: Nah, J/K. I bet he says Willie Pep!
bill has pep at #1, your right knuckle. pep was a great little fighter and a defensive genious, its rumoured pep actualy won a round without throwing a single punch. i have pep #3 p4p behind robinson and henry armstrong, but im with the board here robinson is the best fighter of all time, the term p4p was introduced to boxing because of him.

this thread should be in the history section.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm a big Sugar Ray Robinson fan and what I have seen of him is very impressive.I consider him the number one fighter of all time.Although I like the Idea of a fighter retiring undefeated as Rocky Marciano did.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Robinson is an absolute ledgend and although some dont quite have him at no.1 of all time, he's definatly not overated.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
IMO he is. My intake on overrated is this:

All fighters are overrated in someway or another. And others are underrated. But overall, everysingle fighters abilities or skills or strength or speed is overrated. Just some more than others.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
bill1234 said:
IMO he is. My intake on overrated is this:

All fighters are overrated in someway or another. And others are underrated. But overall, everysingle fighters abilities or skills or strength or speed is overrated. Just some more than others.
bill, you overrate holmes. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
So if all fighters are overrated in someway or another. With every single fighters abilities or skills or strength or speed being overrated does this mean you see the skill and requirements of boxing overated??? :dunno: Sounds like!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thepowerdavies said:
So if all fighters are overrated in someway or another. With every single fighters abilities or skills or strength or speed being overrated does this mean you see the skill and requirements of boxing overated??? :dunno: Sounds like!
thats exactly what i thought i dont realy understand

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
thepowerdavies said:

No, I was talking on about ATG's and top contenders and such, not all around. And they are on such a high level that their talent or abilities could make average Joe's look worse than horrible.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
bill1234 said:
And you overate Lewis. :cheeky4: :laugh:
lewis would have blasted homles out though. ;)

1 - 20 of 102 Posts