Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright just getting into boxing, descided to measure my reach,
i took a tape measurer and measure from my armpit to my knuckles, 28 inch reach, i thought i had pretty long arms

when i look up fighters reach, like mike tyson they say 72 inches? WTF?

am i measureing wrong or what?

theres no way tyson has a longer reach than me, especially that long.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one can help me with this? i must just sound like an idiot. but please help this is starting to bug me

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
MeanKeene said:
no one can help me with this? i must just sound like an idiot. but please help this is starting to bug me
im not sure at all if this is right but i think tyson measured the width of both arms. Think thats how they get the reach not sure though could be wrong

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
LeedsLad said:
Its the length from the finger tip of your left arm all the way along to your right arm. Thats why its so short lol
:) thats what i thought

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
LOL. Yeah, they go finger tip to finger tip. Otherwise people would be walking along with their arms dragging on the ground.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha cool thanks.

so you are saying i have someone measure from my finger tips to shoulder, around my kneck, and all the way down to the fingertips of my other arm? right?

that would be hella awesome. i'd have like a 82 inch reach. just trying to compare my own reach to some pro's.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
MeanKeene said:
haha cool thanks.

so you are saying i have someone measure from my finger tips to shoulder, around my kneck, and all the way down to the fingertips of my other arm? right?

that would be hella awesome. i'd have like a 82 inch reach. just trying to compare my own reach to some pro's.
Yep, thats what they do. If you have an 82 inch reach, then you have Ali's reach. That is pretty long.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts