Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sports Nut

Australia’s greatest fight trainer Johnny Lewis says his light-heavyweight destroyer Paul Briggs has regained the hunger of his early career and is ready to finally win a world title.

On his night Briggs can beat Chad Dawson and Tarver.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Big Jack said:
Sports Nut

Australia’s greatest fight trainer Johnny Lewis says his light-heavyweight destroyer Paul Briggs has regained the hunger of his early career and is ready to finally win a world title.

briggs gets destroyed by dawson, woods, tarver or johnson IMO, i guess he's yet to impress me!

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Big Jack said:
Sports Nut

Just a question here, but do you post anything that is NOT related to Australia?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Just a question here, but do you post anything that is NOT related to Australia?
if australian boxings his thing then theres no probs with that.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Yea there is. He posts Aussie news and then disappears. You don't have to be the Good Shepherd here Tommy. I'm not being rude to the guy just asking. If the dude would hop in some of our non Aussie conversations it would be awesome!

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Yea there is. He posts Aussie news and then disappears. You don't have to be the Good Shepherd here Tommy. I'm not being rude to the guy just asking. If the dude would hop in some of our non Aussie conversations it would be awesome!
im not trying to be anything. :dunno:

i simply just made a point, maybe he'd love it if you replied to all his aussie posts though. ;)

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie Ohy, Ohy, Ohy!!!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I havent disapperaed. Paul Briggs is a hot fighter. He tore apart Stipe Drews in Australia three years ago and he has a great chance against any light-heavy in the world. His life story is inspiring and his book ``heart, soul, fire'' one of the best sports books of the decade.
Not many people have overcome the things he has.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Big Jack said:
I havent disapperaed. Paul Briggs is a hot fighter. He tore apart Stipe Drews in Australia three years ago and he has a great chance against any light-heavy in the world. His life story is inspiring and his book ``heart, soul, fire'' one of the best sports books of the decade.
Not many people have overcome the things he has.
im not saying he's a bad fighter but i just dont think he'd do anything against the guys ive listed above.

maybe tarver now he's in geezerville!

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
lol there really isnt a world class Aussie fighter atm mate, Mundine is the closest thing but he is streets behind the top 2 in SMW.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
tommygunn said:
im not saying he's a bad fighter but i just dont think he'd do anything against the guys ive listed above.

maybe tarver now he's in geezerville!
I don't see him beating Tarver. And he would get destroyed by all the others you named!:thumbsup:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
KNUCKLE UP said:
I don't see him beating Tarver. And he would get destroyed by all the others you named!:thumbsup:
probably not knuckle, tarver would probably find a way to eek out a boring UD or SD..lol

·
Registered
142 Posts
LeedsLad said:
lol there really isnt a world class Aussie fighter atm mate, Mundine is the closest thing but he is streets behind the top 2 in SMW.
Hey Leeds Lad , Obviously you havent been looking at Aussie boxers too closely . Michael Katsidis ?? do you know that name ?? , Daniel Dawson ...??? , Danny Green ..( now Light Heavy weight)... ?? ... and Paul Briggs is definately world class ... I am not going to comment any further on this ... but just watch and see what happens . If Mundine was your pick of Aussies you obviously dont know the rest ...OK , I am an Aussie fair enough , and I do comment alot on Aussie boxers as does Big Jack but at least we know what we are commenting about . Open your eyes before your mouth mate ... Wait and see what the future holds fr these boxers ...well , if they are able to get the fights they deserve...
Knowing world boxing , they wont .

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Mat Gillam said:
Hey Leeds Lad , Obviously you havent been looking at Aussie boxers too closely . Michael Katsidis ?? do you know that name ?? , Daniel Dawson ...??? , Danny Green ..( now Light Heavy weight)... ?? ... and Paul Briggs is definately world class ... I am not going to comment any further on this ... but just watch and see what happens . If Mundine was your pick of Aussies you obviously dont know the rest ...OK , I am an Aussie fair enough , and I do comment alot on Aussie boxers as does Big Jack but at least we know what we are commenting about . Open your eyes before your mouth mate ... Wait and see what the future holds fr these boxers ...well , if they are able to get the fights they deserve...
Knowing world boxing , they wont .
I said atm.. AT THE MOMENT.. and i stand by it. Those guys may turn out to be great n all but there not world class at the moment. Katsidis is a good fighter and hes very entertaining, but il hold judgement as to wether he is world class or not after hes fought a real top guy at 135lbs.

·
Registered
79 Posts
LeedsLad said:
when u say the top 2 r u meaning kessler and calzache, because when mundine fought kessler yeah mundine lost but he fought a very good fight and proved he was up there with kessler
and also dont count out darchinian , i think he is definately a world class fighter

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I did forget about Darchinyan, i would have put him in that category back then and will again if he avenges his defeat to Donaire.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Thats what i think, i hated the comparison's to Prince Naseem.. he was never as good as the Prince IMO he should try and avenge his defeat to Donaire, but he'll probably lose again.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i thought he was better than prince because he had just as good ability but his strength was the best ive seen in ratio to weight

1 - 20 of 22 Posts