Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres the deal. We all have our favorite flicks, and some of them include movies that may not have garnered much attention, but were absolutely great films. In fact, you may have a movie in mind that you always recommend that everyone loves when they see it...

Recommend ONE movie that wasn't well known that is a true MUST SEE...

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Forgetting Sarah Marshall? Hilarious movie but i don't think it's really known too much and i don't think it had a lot of hype around it like other movies.

·
Registered
841 Posts
'Leon: The Professional' (the original Euro version)

'The Untouchables'

'Uncle Buck'

'Misery'

'Belly'

Lots more but can't think of them...

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
'Leon: The Professional' (the original Euro version)

'The Untouchables'

'Uncle Buck'

'Misery'

'Belly'

Lots more but can't think of them...

Dammit, didnt I say ONE :cop: :laugh:
Plus, no offense, Misery and Uncle Buck are VERY well known...now, edit that down son ! ;)

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol my bad, didn't see that:laugh:

My ONE would have to be

'A Perfect World'
haha, its all good

I'll have to check that out. I think I remember seeing previews for that a while back. I'll put it in my queue on blockbuster online...:thumbsup:

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, so my recommendation would be:
"The Count of Monte Cristo" with Jim Caviezel

The Count of Monte Cristo (2002)

Action/Drama...most excellent movie for sure. Definitely at the top of my "must see" list of not-well-known films.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I guess I could bring up American Psycho again since its relativly unwatched.

Also Gramdma's Boy is my favorite comedy ever and no one has seemed to see it.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
The Warriors

Always been one of my favorite movies growing up in NY myself n all :thumbsup:

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
The Warriors

Always been one of my favorite movies growing up in NY myself n all :thumbsup:
Warriors is an excellent movie, I loved it.

The Wanderers is great aswell. Warriors is kind of (in some ways) a rip-off of Wanderers. But they're both great movies.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I guess I could bring up American Psycho again since its relativly unwatched.

Also Gramdma's Boy is my favorite comedy ever and no one has seemed to see it.
"You're gonna have to lower your voice when the Lion is around."

If I have to list one real quick I'll go with Primer.

Others would be Cache, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, and Spartan to name a few. I like different movies than most people though.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I presume most of you wouldn't have much exposure to British cinema. If I had to pick one that I'd be fairly sure nobody you're side of the atlantic would have seen I'd say Shane Meadow's "Dead Man's Shoes". Classic revenge story.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Primal Fear - Richard Gere and Ed Norton. One of my all time favorites.
I *thought* I had seen this a long time ago, but perhaps not. I like both of those actors so I'll put it in the queue as well :thumbsup:

EDIT: nevermind, I did see this movie. After reading the description it all came back to me. Cool movie with a nice twist at the end

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I *thought* I had seen this a long time ago, but perhaps not. I like both of those actors so I'll put it in the queue as well :thumbsup:

EDIT: nevermind, I did see this movie. After reading the description it all came back to me. Cool movie with a nice twist at the end
Yep. It was Nortons first role as an actor, and he shined.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I don't know if all of you have seen V for Vendetta, but regardless of what anyone says that is one hell of a movie. I was worried it was going to be one of those lame "superhero" movies where there's no blood and the bad guys get hurt and never die. V straight cuts throats and all kinds of shitt. 8/10

·
Registered
339 Posts
This is england.

I don't know whether you would like it in America but it is a cracking film and really portrays the way that minorities were treated just 20 years ago.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I don't know if all of you have seen V for Vendetta, but regardless of what anyone says that is one hell of a movie. I was worried it was going to be one of those lame "superhero" movies where there's no blood and the bad guys get hurt and never die. V straight cuts throats and all kinds of shitt. 8/10
The Wachowski bros did a fine job. Maybe the fact that I didn't read the comics made me enjoy it even more.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts