Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a solid core of members here at BF now, the place has become established among the other boxing boards.

Id like to add some new posters now, i was thinking we could have a race between the members to see who could bring in 20 referals.

The first member to do this will be given 1,000,000 points.

Anyone can join the race whether they have 1 post or 10,000 posts.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a feeling we may see some cheating.
If anyone feels there is cheating then IP's can be checked, it wont be hard to see if someone cheats.

If someone gets 20 and none post then its safe to asume.....

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
We have a solid core of members here at BF now, the place has become established among the other boxing boards.

Id like to add some new posters now, i was thinking we could have a race between the members to see who could bring in 20 referals.

The first member to do this will be given 1,000,000 points.

Anyone can join the race whether they have 1 post or 10,000 posts.
1,000,000 points is way too much IMO. All you need is a computer lab and about 1 hour to create 20 different accounts with 20 new email addresses. Also, a lot of veterans earned their first million by betting wisely. Its whatever though. Just my opinion....

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Ip's cant be traced accurately if you are in the lab at a school and use a different computer for each username and email address. Trust me, someone will do this if they want that million points. I agree with shane. a millino points is something some of us have worked hard to achieve. maybe 100k is more suitable. I actually like the bunch we have here. I thought we agreed to not get this place to crowded with a bunch of dummies and this is all it will do. Its better to wait and let the real boxing fans come to us, instead of somewhat making them. If they want to find us, they will. If they already havent, theres a reason. Im not saying its a bad idea, Im just saying.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Ip's cant be traced accurately if you are in the lab at a school and use a different computer for each username and email address. Trust me, someone will do this if they want that million points. I agree with shane. a millino points is something some of us have worked hard to achieve. maybe 100k is more suitable. I actually like the bunch we have here. I thought we agreed to not get this place to crowded with a bunch of dummies and this is all it will do. Its better to wait and let the real boxing fans come to us, instead of somewhat making them. If they want to find us, they will. If they already havent, theres a reason. Im not saying its a bad idea, Im just saying.
well said, homie.....i agree for the most part.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
That right there is the goods.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I like the idea Tommy altho i only have one real life friend who watches boxing :p and ofc my dad

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like the idea Tommy altho i only have one real life friend who watches boxing :p and ofc my dad
Invite them along Brutus, if there as big boxing fans as yourself then they'll love this place like we do. :)

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Yeah but my dad cant really write english altho he speaks it fluently he just never learned it in school, asfor the other friend he has problem spelling so u guys would never understand him ^^ But ive got 10k from Pbw coming up anyway, i knew Israel would win!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I found this site on my own like TysonJones said. I got frustrated at the Mayweather hating on the other site where I posted at so I decided to search for one where you got a diverse group. This one had me at the Video section, and PrettyBoyFloyd's signature.

It was home at first site. :D

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
honestly I'm the only person i know that truly enjoys boxing. Most of my friends are MMA guys. I have a feeling they all smoke pole.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
honestly I'm the only person i know that truly enjoys boxing. Most of my friends are MMA guys. I have a feeling they all smoke pole.
We are on the same boat. I always crack on them, telling them "that's ok, I'll pass on actually paying to watch two shirtless men wrestle to be on top, litterally".

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
I found this site on my own like TysonJones said. I got frustrated at the Mayweather hating on the other site where I posted at so I decided to search for one where you got a diverse group. This one had me at the Video section, and PrettyBoyFloyd's signature.

It was home at first site. :D
Yanno this title Mayweather hater Where did it start? I dont hate mayweather or any other fighter well any other perso i guess.
Just because someone doesnt post glowing posts about how wonderful he is and point out a few of his shortcomings we become haters.in their eyes. To me Floyd Mayweather is a very talented boxer maybe one of the best i've ever seen. But before I annoint him as the best p4p I want to see him meet two fighters Miguel Cotto and Antonio Margarito
If he can beat those two guys I'll be right with ya Proclaiming him The BEST

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Yanno this title Mayweather hater Where did it start? I dont hate mayweather or any other fighter well any other perso i guess.
Just because someone doesnt post glowing posts about how wonderful he is and point out a few of his shortcomings we become haters.in their eyes. To me Floyd Mayweather is a very talented boxer maybe one of the best i've ever seen. But before I annoint him as the best p4p I want to see him meet two fighters Miguel Cotto and Antonio Margarito
If he can beat those two guys I'll be right with ya Proclaiming him The BEST

As to the exact origin of the word, Im not sure. Experts beleive that the terminology came about in late 2005 when bloggers all across the world accused Mayweather of ducking Hatton, and fearing the Great Pride of Manchester. Mayweather's supporters fought back vigorously claiming that their disdain for the best P4P fighter of the world came solely for their dislike of the "Pretty Boys" cocky-assertive attitude, and that given the chance, Mayweather would destroy Hatton and possibly send him flying straight into the turnbuckle.

Later the term re-appeared a year later in 2006 when Mayweather decided to take on former undisputed champ and IBF title holder, Judah, and recognized Ring Champ and WBC title holder Baldomir consecutively. The "Mayweather Haters" began to bang on the "Margarito Drums" claiming that it did not matter if Mayweather won the most important titles in the division, he should have faced the lesser qualified Margarito (Whom later lossed to Williams, whom later lossed to Quintana, whom had a 5th round KO loss to Cotto).

The term "Mayweather Haters" has now again resurfaced in late 2007 and 2008 becuase of Mayweather's detractors insistance on him having to prove himself against Cotto.

That's all I know about the term "Mayweather Hater which suits you perfectly. :D

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
As to the exact origin of the word, Im not sure. Experts beleive that the terminology came about in late 2005 when bloggers all across the world accused Mayweather of ducking Hatton, and fearing the Great Pride of Manchester. Mayweather's supporters fought back vigorously claiming that their disdain for the best P4P fighter of the world came solely for their dislike of the "Pretty Boys" cocky-assertive attitude, and that given the chance, Mayweather would destroy Hatton and possibly send him flying straight into the turnbuckle.

Later the term re-appeared a year later in 2006 when Mayweather decided to take on former undisputed champ and IBF title holder, Judah, and recognized Ring Champ and WBC title holder Baldomir consecutively. The "Mayweather Haters" began to bang on the "Margarito Drums" claiming that it did not matter if Mayweather won the most important titles in the division, he should have faced the lesser qualified Margarito (Whom later lossed to Williams, whom later lossed to Quintana, whom had a 5th round KO loss to Cotto).

The term "Mayweather Haters" has now again resurfaced in late 2007 and 2008 becuase of Mayweather's detractors insistance on him having to prove himself against Cotto.

That's all I know about the term "Mayweather Hater which suits you perfectly. :D
Call me whatever you want doc I'd rather be labelled that than worship the guy like a saint like you mayweather groupies do. He had the chance to fight Margarito at the time his #1 challenger, instead he fought Baldimir who till he beat punk judah no one knew who he was.
Now he's playing in the WWE making a fool of himself then he will take the easy return match with DelaHoya which no one wants to see.
Like I said when and if he ever fights cotto and margarito and beats them then i'll call him my p4p champion. Till then to me he's more mouth than substance :cheeky4::cheeky4:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts