Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tony Weeks will be the referee for tonight
Judges will be The judges will be Dave Moretti, Glen Trowbridge, and Patricia Morse Jarman.

I don't understand why Smoger doesn't get Vegas fights.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I don't think the judges will be relevant;) Yeh i wish Smoger would just ref all big fights.. Weeks is a good ref too though.

·
Registered
349 Posts
If you look on Wikipedia .. for Smoger it says he is exclusivly an East Coast Ref.. he is a Judge over in like Philly or somewhere around there as his everyday job ... I like smoger Weeks will be fine though

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yeah who knows.. he better make sure to tell Weeks before hand he can take a punishment .. just in case that happens again .. Has Weeks been known to let fights go ? or is he a Quick stoppage guy ?

·
Banned
589 Posts
Yeah who knows.. he better make sure to tell Weeks before hand he can take a punishment .. just in case that happens again .. Has Weeks been known to let fights go ? or is he a Quick stoppage guy ?
What Difference Does It Make? Weeks Is The Ref For Both Guys Not Just One.

·
Registered
424 Posts
yeah, Smoger should be the ref for all big fights. I dont think ref's should stop it unless they are 100% sure if it goes on the guy is going to get seriously hurt. I think a lot of ref's have a itchy trigger finger and jump in when the guy is simply hurt ( Marquez-Vasquez 2). If you watch Round 2 of Pavlik-taylor after the knockdown taylor really doesnt land another big shot, He lands a hooking one that hooks around pavliks head then pushes him that makes him like stumble across the ring, but nothing really lands, and sadly i think most refs would have stopped the fight in that round simply because of the excitement and just seeing taylor throwing so many punches is sort of overwhelming. I think refs need to realize that they cant stop all fighters from being hurt, and its not there job to baby sit fighters, the fighters know what they are getting into. I think they should only stop it when the fighter is completely defenseless(Pavlik-Zertutche) or when a fighter says verbally they dont want to fight anymore including not responding after a knockdown). To many refs jump in simply when a fighter is being hit...and well theres fighters.. they are meant to be hit. lol

-Melty

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Just think yourselves lucky it aint Joe Blind Pew Cortez lol

·
8,579 Posts
Your Still Whinning? And Seeing He's Soooooo Blind Wouldnt You Want Him For This Fight?
The guy aint fit to judge flower shows revoke his license

·
8,579 Posts
:laugh:Go Ahead Start The Petition:laugh: In The Mean Time, Keep Your Tears To Yourself
Where do you get the "Tears" from ?? I'm just a lover of the sport of boxing. I dont like seeing incompetant or corrupt officiating, whichever you class that as, marr the sport. I'm not a Mayweather hater by any means but when he fights with such a stacked deck. home town venue home town referee and all 3 judges hometown too he's gonna have to be ko'd twice to win a draw against him. Would Mayweather fight Hatton in Manchester England with all the officials Manchester guys????
No way in hell I rest my case

·
Banned
589 Posts
Where do you get the "Tears" from ?? I'm just a lover of the sport of boxing. I dont like seeing incompetant or corrupt officiating, whichever you class that as, marr the sport. I'm not a Mayweather hater by any means but when he fights with such a stacked deck. home town venue home town referee and all 3 judges hometown too he's gonna have to be ko'd twice to win a draw against him. Would Mayweather fight Hatton in Manchester England with all the officials Manchester guys????
No way in hell I rest my case
He Wouldnt Fight In Manchester Because 1 He Doesnt Wanna Fly 8 Hours To Whip Someones Arse. Two He Doesnt Have To, He's Number One In The Sport For A Reason. The Tears Come From Your Griping. Everytime I Turn Around Mayweather Haters Such As Yourself, Are Complaining About Cortez. If He Were So Unfair And Everything Was Stacked Against Rick, Why Isnt He Complaining Vigorously???

·
8,579 Posts
He Wouldnt Fight In Manchester Because 1 He Doesnt Wanna Fly 8 Hours To Whip Someones Arse. Two He Doesnt Have To, He's Number One In The Sport For A Reason. The Tears Come From Your Griping. Everytime I Turn Around Mayweather Haters Such As Yourself, Are Complaining About Cortez. If He Were So Unfair And Everything Was Stacked Against Rick, Why Isnt He Complaining Vigorously???

Lance get it right he wouldnt fight outside the US coz he hasnt got the cajonnes to do it he hasnt got the confidence in himself he needs the insurance of "friendly" officials just in case.
Hatton did complain he called Cortez every name in the book between rounds so did Billy Graham
You guys bitch about Calzaghe only defending in Britain but you say its ok for gayfeather never to leave the states, coz he's second coming of the almighty in your estimation

1 - 20 of 26 Posts