Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Here we go again! :laugh:

I think I know what majority of people say, whether it be that Lennox would've KOd Vitali or that Lennox would've won a rematch, but it'll certainly always be "what if". We'll never know for certain.
Here's an interesting read...
Lewis – Klitschko: Lennox Deserves No Sympathy
What utter undiluted BS! Vitali was lucky to even get that chance at the title. Lennox was due to meet Kirk Johnson in a warm up fight Vitali was on the card too. Johnson pulled out "injured" To save the card Lennox took on Vitali, his #1 contender,at 2 weeks notice.
A barely 80% ready Lennox faced a 100% Vitali and TKO'd him.
A 100% Lewis would have destroyed Vitali no problem at all

Reactions: calzaghefella

·
Registered
953 Posts
Vitali would have won on points IMO.

Not that it matters. Lennox was in his worst condition ever and atleast 5 years past his prime. He still gave Vitali the biggest ever shot to the face that resulted in that awful cut.

Lewis is one of the best heavyweights of all-time and has stopped everyone put in front of him. His chin is made of steel.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Lewis would have stopped him within a couple more rounds. He couldn't even see punches coming with his eye like that, he would have been hit with massive punches and stopped.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Yup i dont care who you are if you dont see Lennox right hand coming at you you will get ktfo. Vitali gave him trouble but Lennox will always be remembered as 10X the fighter he was.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Here we go again! :laugh:

I think I know what majority of people say, whether it be that Lennox would've KOd Vitali or that Lennox would've won a rematch, but it'll certainly always be "what if". We'll never know for certain.
Here's an interesting read...
Lewis – Klitschko: Lennox Deserves No Sympathy
Complete BS.

What utter undiluted BS! Vitali was lucky to even get that chance at the title. Lennox was due to meet Kirk Johnson in a warm up fight Vitali was on the card too. Johnson pulled out "injured" To save the card Lennox took on Vitali, his #1 contender,at 2 weeks notice.
Agreed.

Lewis was the greatest fighter of his era. And british. Enough said.:cool:
Yep :D.

Lewis would have stopped him within a couple more rounds. He couldn't even see punches coming with his eye like that, he would have been hit with massive punches and stopped.
I'm almost certain of that. Lewis was working his way back in. Vitali was getting KTFO.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Vitali had a big advantage, he had a built-in sparring partner that was tall in his Brother. Lennox was the one who had to switch gears on two weeks notice and face someone totally different from what he was preparing for. He saved HBO cancelling the date, which if I'd been his Manager, I'd have insisted he do.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Yup i dont care who you are if you dont see Lennox right hand coming at you you will get ktfo. Vitali gave him trouble but Lennox will always be remembered as 10X the fighter he was.
Definatelly, By the way how do you think Kessler - Calzaghe would've gone had Kessler been 100% for their fight at the millenuim stadium?

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
i like vitali and was glad it got stopped to save that eye but all these **** and vitali himself moaning about it makes me have wished that they let the fight go on until lewis made him lose the eye. although i still think even a 1 eyes vitali could beat samuel peters

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
If that fight had gone on for even one more round only god knows what would've happened to Vitali Klitschko's eye, a guy that fights with his hands low fighting a guy with good hand-speed and a closed eye = danger as shown last weekend by Roy, only difference is Roy stopped fighting and started covering up would Vitali do the same? I know this version of Roy doesnt have that much pride left(it was taken by the KO's) but a prime Vitali had all the confidence in the world, Vitali would've been seriously damaged, possible Hasim Rahmanesqe knockout

·
Registered
830 Posts
You're being kind CJ.

Lennox was about 60% he had partied none stop since Tyson.

That article says;

It was unfortunate that one of Lewis's punches cut Vitali.

Lennox meant the punch, the punch landed, punches can cut and it wasn't unfortunate from Lewis's point of view.

The article says Lewis deserves no sympathy for stealing the victory.

What an odd turn of phrase. Lewis won, no sympathy required and how did he steal anything?

The doctor stopped the fight. The only way a boxer can guarantee his opponent doesn't get cut is to not throw punches. Should Lewis have not thrown punches?

The article asked how deserving was Lewis to be called the heaveyweight champion of the world because of supposed excuses from Lewis fans.

But being the heavyweight champion of the world relates to winning a fight against the heavyweight champion of the world. It isn't a verbal accolade to be given or taken away and what your fans say about you doesn't make you the champion or remove you as champion.

Lewis was the heavyweight champion of the world when he fought Vitali is as much a fact as the sky is dark at night. The word deserving relates to a matter of opinion and this is not an issue of opinion.

It's not like saying Cameran Diaz is a babe one minute and the next going nar her ass don't look good today haha

Vitali fought good Lewis was in the worst shape of his life and Vitali still lost.

It isn't about deserving.

He might have deserved to be sucked off by Angels but being heavyweight champion of the world requires some type of win against the champion and he didn't do that.

P.S

How funny was the 5 round when Lewis had hold of him and the ref let him hammer about six body shots in his ribs haha........that was harsh :laugh:

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
What I remember most about that fight is that Vitali retired Lennox!!!!!!!!!!!
Lennox STOPPED Vitali He cut him to ribbons how the heck did he retire him ???

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
What I remember most about that fight is that Vitali retired Lennox!!!!!!!!!!!
And Danny Williams retired Vitali for a while, Vitali's hands couldn't take the punishment against Dan. :D

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Vitali would have won on points IMO.

Not that it matters. Lennox was in his worst condition ever and atleast 5 years past his prime. He still gave Vitali the biggest ever shot to the face that resulted in that awful cut.

Lewis is one of the best heavyweights of all-time and has stopped everyone put in front of him. His chin is made of steel.
imo lewis would have a second wind. lennox hasn't always looked good at the beginning i.e. frank bruno fight and come back to win

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
What was there to remember, That big goof ball Vitali froze up like a chinken shitt, after seeing his own blood, he was catching Lewis at the right time, under trained and all ,but did'nt have the sufficient man hood to go for broke, instead he used his energy bitching and complaining after the fight, thinking that was gonna get the title hande to him, he should 've used that energy while the fight was going on, that guy is no champ not even today.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts