Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
It is kind of lame. If someone reps you one time it goes all the way up. I just don't worry about it, but if you want to know the numbers you can click any members avatar.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean its not a huge deal in the long run, but if we are going to have it, why not like the other VS forums? If you look at their basketballforum for example, they have numbers associated with rep recieved fom members...

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
I don't argue. This reputation thing is great. My rep here is much better than in the real world...:D

·
Registered
47 Posts
yeah i don't understand where all my points went and why my rep is so low given all the pithy comments i've posted, but it doesn't matter cuz the kid's got the goods where it counts!

·
Registered
397 Posts
The rep system is kinda weird it works like this.

The more times you get repped the higher your "rep power" becomes.

The more times you get neg repped the lower your rep power becomes.

You can't give reps to the same person without giving rep out to other people first (spreading it around)

If some like me who has red bars because nobody likes me, reps you, nothing will happen because I have no rep power.

If someone like PBF or Tyson Jones Positive Reps you you're rep power will go way up. If they neg rep you you'll end up in the red with no rep power.

It's a weird system

·
Registered
397 Posts
Also if you plan on repping somebody positive or negative, it's customary to leave you're screen-name after you give rep. For example I'd leave a rep like this

Great Post PBF- southpaw447

that way when he goes to his User CP and see a rep he knows who gave it to him and he can return the favor and rep me if he chooses to.

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
1,000 Posts
I've been here a while... and I've been away a while as well! When I came back after one of my long stints away... I noticed that there were lots of green reps on quite a few people... whilst I'm still stuck with one! Now... I honestly don't know how this system works! Call me stupid if you want to... and I don't want to sound like a "SWINE"... But How Can I Get Many More Green Reps? What am I doing wrong? What must I do? :D
PS - Some of these people haven't been here anywhere near as long as me... and have half as many posts as me... but have "SO MANY GREEN REPS!"

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
When you make a well thought out post that someone agrees with, respects, or values they click the icon and can rep you. You are hardly ever here so people hardly ever see you. The guys with less posts than you have been here for less time but post at a higher day-to-day average, so they are seen all the time. I'll rep you up man.

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
1,000 Posts
When you make a well thought out post that someone agrees with, respects, or values they click the icon and can rep you. You are hardly ever here so people hardly ever see you. The guys with less posts than you have been here for less time but post at a higher day-to-day average, so they are seen all the time. I'll rep you up man.
HOLY ****... THANK YOU... THANK VERY MUCH... I Understand!

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I must be a billy no mates as I never get repped. How do I know when I have a rep and who it's from?
Ive rep'd ya before Rob for your fight thread, it takes a couple of pops to get it up.

If you click on your avator it'll tyell you who gave you good karma and who gave you bad karma. ;)

Reactions: WelshDevilRob
1 - 20 of 22 Posts