Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hatton gets KOd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Yeah no doubt, i predicted Mayweather to win but that was something few expected (Even Shane and Lance thought Mayweather would win by points). Altough i thought Joe Cortez did a bad job that wouldnt have made any difference Mayweather kinda embarrased Hatton :(

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eventhough Hatton got KOd in that fight, I still have mad respect for Ricky Hatton. He gave Floyd the most problems than any other fighter he's fought so far

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brutus said:
Yeah no doubt, i predicted Mayweather to win but that was something few expected (Even Shane and Lance thought Mayweather would win by points). Altough i thought Joe Cortez did a bad job that wouldnt have made any difference Mayweather kinda embarrased Hatton :(
Yeah I thought the ref was horrible too, it's like he didn't know what to do in the ring. At one point, it was like a backyard brawl

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mayweather was so fast that when Hatton got hit by the hook, he slammed face first into the turn buckle and flat on the canvas :laugh: priceless

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Yeah i dont see Cotto winnig Mayweather, altough he is a more accurate puncher i just done think thats enough, imo De La Hoya was the last hope we had of somebody winnig Mayweather he came close but kinda blew the last rounds. I see Mayweather last fights against Cotto and problaby a lighter guy coming up but i think Mayweathers 0 is save.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brutus said:
Yeah i dont see Cotto winnig Mayweather, altough he is a more accurate puncher i just done think thats enough, imo De La Hoya was the last hope we had of somebody winnig Mayweather he came close but kinda blew the last rounds. I see Mayweather last fights against Cotto and problaby a lighter guy coming up but i think Mayweathers 0 is save.
That would be an interesting fight between him and Floyd. Cotto's power could give Floyd some problems.

·
Fire of the Dragon
241 Posts
good fight, impressed by hatton in the earlier rounds and i thought that he was going to get the knockout quite soon, i dont think floyd thought he was THAT good!

floyd was immense however, his defence was brilliant, i dont know how he made hatton looked so bad in rounds 7-10, his fatigue was excellent, he was hardly sweating!

ref was crap though, it does leave an element of thought in what would've happened with a more laid back ref, it disrupted hatton's style, but by the latter rounds i dont think it wouldve made any difference. the point deduction was a joke!

i've had quite a good night tonight, although its now 6am and im shatered! i betted vbookie on mayweather to win and he did (although i didnt think he would do it by ko!) i also bet on lacy and khan, lost on eastman though, but 3 out of 4 aint bad!

lets see if america warms up a bit to mayweather now, because he is the best pound 4 pound fighter of this decade!! only have to fight cotto next and he could be done with the big boys, then just try and get all the belts!

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know you're a true boxing fan 6am LOL! Yeah this was easily the best fight of the year. And I would have to move him up on my P4P list since the 90s

1 - 10 of 10 Posts