Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The amir khan 14oz sparring gloves are made from a high quality PVC and are extra shock absorbing pre-shapped durable foam padding.

These gloves retail at around £25-£30 (around $50-$60) and i guarentee they are just as durable as any of the expensive Everlast or Ringside gloves on the market.

ive sparred, done bag work and done pad work on average of 3-4 nights a week with these gloves for more than a year and there just begining to lose there padding now, they havent cracked in that time either which is great because you cant spar with cracked gloves because they can cut your partner.

these 14oz gloves, are in one size only, but offer an easy-to-use Velcro wrist-fastening for a tight fit and a hard impact, which mean they’ll protect your hands, not your opponent’s head.

ive had and used all the top makes down the years but id rate these 9/10, there also a great price.

The same kind of handwrapes i wouldn't bother with, there in one size only and arent very long at all meaning theres very little support from them.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nice review Tommy.

I have a few questions for you on them:

1: Where are these available at?
2: How do you rate the wrist support from the velcro closure?
thanks cap'n.

here in the UK they can be purchased from any good sports shop, there also in places like argos and index. there very easy to get hold of.

you can also buy them online from a lot of sites and they'll ship them anywhere in the world for you.......REEBOK Training Gloves (Black)

the velcro support is awesome and very strong, ive used velcro in the gym for about 4 years now as it saves a lot of time, i'll just slip the gloves on basicly and pull the velcro accross with my teeth to the feel comfy.

the velcro on these gloves has stayed strong over the period ive had them too, sometimes over a period of time it'll become less strong but not with these......they really are a good glove and are great value for money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts