Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grant Campeón Hook & loop Training Gloves at Ringside.com

My first impression of these gloves where that they would be an above average convienant pair of Hook and Loop sparring gloves (no laces) which you don't come across too much sense lace-ups are much more popular and better constructed. They had a good tight feel to them when you put them on and form around your hand perfect. The Hook and Loop closure is very secure and provides adequate wrist support. They felt just like reyes in my opinion, or any other good pair of grants. I thought they would be another pair of awesome gloves because grant has always met my expectations. Which leads me to tell you: BEWARE, DO NOT GET THESE GLOVES. The first time I sparred with them the sewing on the inner lining of one of the gloves came loose and I could actually feel the foam lining around the fist ( which is very uncomfortable). I Sent them back into ringside and decided to exchange them for an identical pair. I've only had the new ones for a week, and today while sparring the inner lining on BOTH gloves came loose and got to the point where you could actually pull a the lining out like a freakin rag was in your glove. In conclusion these gloves look and feel great but basically won't last more than a week because of very poor and careless construction.

Rating:
Comfort-9 (until the lining rips)
Performance-10
Appearance-10
Durability-2

Word of advice: Stay away from these gloves.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I was actually going to purchase some so thanks for the advice. Here's some advice for ya though. Get you a pair of the 10 oz ameteur campeon gloves. They are used for ameteur competition and they are hook and loop. Best "sparring" gloves I've ever had. Even though they are 10 oz the padding for your hand and the opponents face is 2nd to only title gels. Plus they are only like 50 bucks too.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear that, I was actually going to purchase some so thanks for the advice. Here's some advice for ya though. Get you a pair of the 10 oz ameteur campeon gloves. They are used for ameteur competition and they are hook and loop. Best "sparring" gloves I've ever had. Even though they are 10 oz the padding for your hand and the opponents face is 2nd to only title gels. Plus they are only like 50 bucks too.
Thanks bud, I'll look into those gloves, but yeah please for fk sake do not waste your $ on these gloves.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts