Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Upper: Full grain leather/suede upper with slow recovery memory foam in the collar for customized fit and added comfort. EVA backed rand provides added support. Chrome stock-fitted Jumpman along with chrome lacing posts allow the shoe to have a very distinctive look. Approximate 8" height for support and style!
Midsole: Double lasted phylon midsole with encapsulated Air-Sole unit in the heel.
Outsole: Solid rubber outsole with a circular traction pattern. Contrast stitching highlights added durability in the high wear areas. Chrome Jumpman along with some of Roy Jones Jr.'s accomplishments give added detail to the outside.

About Shoes: These shoes are different from many other boxing boots being that they're made from Jordan. In my opinion Jordan should stick to Basketball shoes. I bought these because of the fashion. I rather look good in the ring then feel comfortable in the ring. If you're the same way as me you'd rather look good first before you feel good then be my guest and buy these shoes. My trainer calls me a preemadonna cause i like to look good lol. But anyway back to the shoe. It's heavier than the average boxing boot. It's a little thick on the bottom normally a GOOD boxing boot will feel like you're in socks being able to feel everything on the canvas. This boxing boot is a little thick on the bottom and thick all around. It's leather so it can get a little stiff. I wouldn't really recommend this boot. It looks like a basketball shoe and feels like one. It has no pores in the shoe being that its all leather so your feet will get very hot in it. I'd suggest looking for another boxing boot instead.

These shoes come in White/Red, White/Grey, White/Blue, and Black. Unfortunately they don't have certain sizes for different colors such as White/Blue they only have size 6 and size 7. They come from sizes 6-12.

These shoes are $129.99 but are on sale for $99.99 so get em on sale while you can if you feel like looking good.

Rating: 5
Comfort: 5
Durability: Seems like it'll stay intact for a long time but i haven't had it for awhile
Looks: 10
Performance: 6

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Yeah, I've heard mixed reviews on the Jordan shoes. Some guys like em, and others I'vetalked to say they were a waste of money. Thanks for the good review!

You now have one entry in the BoxingForum Giveaway ! Good luck !

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I've heard mixed reviews on the Jordan shoes. Some guys like em, and others I'vetalked to say they were a waste of money. Thanks for the good review!

You now have one entry in the BoxingForum Giveaway ! Good luck !
Thanks :thumbsup: i'll be putting up a review on my other boxing boot thats 10x better maybe tomorrow.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ill have to second BR assessment of these shoes. Yeah they look hella nice but functionally they suck. Way to stiff and heavy. Id rather workout in my Oakley SF boots. The sand color really doesnt match up well with anything I have to wear :D
Currently am using the el cheapo Adidas box hog shoes and they work pretty damn well but Im wondering what could be better but am weary after the Jordan shoes.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I just had to return the shoes. Really disappointed because they look so good that I thought about keeping them just to look at.

The problem is that I have really wide feet. I wear extra wide running shoes and I can't find a pair of boxing shoes that don't choke my feet. I have been wearing cross trainers for some time now, but will be fighting again soon. I don't want to have numb feet in the fight.

Does anyone know how to get ahold of some extra wide Air Jordans? Any extra wide boxing show will do, really.

thanks!

·
Sparring w/ pros
7 Posts
I train in the Jordan 2008 boxer 5/8 (available at Title boxing). They're boxing shoes, not boots and they are very light and very comfortable. They're $100 but worth it. You're not gonna find better lookin pair of shoes either. Jordan may not be a big name in boxing but these are shoes, and he makes the best shoes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Shoes, Boots.....

Boots, shoes, sandal are very trendy and in fashion. They are one of the fashion accessories which everyone loves to wear and for every age group. Boots are really amazing footwear and they are very comfortable to wear and on any occasion. They are made of different animal skin and have a good handwork or embroidery work done on it which makes it look more amazing. Buy Discount CowBoy Boots - Compare Boots Prices from Top Stores and Save

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a pair of these in black. I like them a lot; very comfortable, good grip on the soles, and well made. They are a little heavy for some, but I like the little extra weight - it keeps my feet on the ground so I can throw more properly.

Only thing I don't like is that they're a little high and stiff at the top - I fixed this by only lacing them up to the ankle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts