Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This review is for the Title Brand "E-Z" Pro Swivel.

When I first started doing boxing workouts, even before ever going to the gym, I had one of those all in one home boxing gyms. It came with a speedbag platform and an awful "S" hook style swivel. That hook was probably the most crude, rudamentary form of a swivel you could imagine, and made it anything but speedy. But thankfully, these days we have a wide variety of very high quality, high performance swivels at our disposal. For those that arent familiar with the swivel, it is what connects your speedbag to the platform and allows it to pivot and swing back and forth. The higher quality swivel you have, the faster your speedbag will be capable of moving. Of course there are other factors involved like the platform stability and materials, and the size and model of your speedbag, but thats for a whole different discussion.
The model I recieved was the EZ Pro Swivel from Title which is a sealed ball bearing model. This model was a nice heavy duty unit finished in chrome and complete with a push pin release mechanism. This is extremely helpful because it allows for quick and easy access to changing the speedbag without additional tools. This feature is great for pro gyms where members are required to supply their own speed bag.

I connected the swivel up to my speed bag platform, and slipped on my bag with ease. After a few solid workouts, it really makes you appreciate not having the old "S" hook hanging there. Why those things ever made it onto any form of production model speed bag platform still puzzles me. But I digress- The value of this swivel is immediately apparent as your speeding your way through your workout. Its not as quiet as some of the top performers, but it is a far cry from the lower end of the spectrum too. Its action is pretty smooth and clean. Only one note of caution on this model- The clip for the push-pin occasionally fell out of the swivel. I'd be sure to check it after each workout. Speed-wise, I'd say it falls short of the Super Swivel or the Platinum Pro version, but for the pittance of $12.99, you will not find a better value. Good looks, solid construction, and smooth speedy action round out this swivel. If you're still swinging away on an old clanker, put the EZ Pro swivel on your list and give it a try.

Rankings(1 to 10, 10 being the best score)
Speed: 7
Smoothness: 7
Value: 10

Manufacturer: Title Boxing
Price: $12.99 at TitleBoxing.com

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I have 2 speedbag platforms. One with the regular s swival and a plain normal ever last speedbag. And one with the platinum swival and a hi perf speedbag from everlast. Man what a difference. Its amazing the speed difference you can generate with the right material.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I agree 100 percent, they are garbage, their good to start out on and learn I assume, I did however, but man once I got the S swival down pat, these new ones are cake.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The S swivels move so slow that I cant let the bag rebound with the 1-2-3 punch movement. I have to punch it, let it hit the back side once, and as its coming forward hit it again. And even that is too slow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts