Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How good is Ricardo Mayorga?

His Street-fighter/Brawler style, lack of defense, lack of respect, lack of discipline and general lack of class should mean, that he should have been no better than a journey man fighter.............

But I love to watch this guy fight,I think he is one of the best at what he does in boxing.

He gets KO, he KO others and his "unique", style means that he often destroys the odd bemused fighter. I also noticed that he is a very underrated finisher, when he has his man in trouble, kind of like " a shark that senses blood in water".

But on the other hand, his lack of ring craft and the fact he goes into a boxing ring to "have a fight", (minus any tactical plans) is often comical to the point of embarrassment.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
The man is one animalistic brawler that's for sure, it's a damm shame he has to be a grotesc vulgar thug out side the ring too, he surely does not endear himself to anybody, I guess we can't really judge him , he comes from one of the worst slums in nicaragua, and came up in places that don't even have any streets to this day....
his boxing time clock is at an end he better hurry up and get in a couple more pay days before he's thru......

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
He's a badass both in and outside the ring. Hes an entertaining fighter but he lacks seriously in the skills department.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
He has class, he's just great at hyping fights. I've always liked him alot. He's not the best skill wise but he uses what he has extremely well and has built a HOF resume.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
He has class, he's just great at hyping fights. I've always liked him alot. He's not the best skill wise but he uses what he has extremely well and has built a HOF resume.
Hmmm. I dont think he'll be a HOF'er.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
It really doesnt matter what You think or anyone else. Everyone in boxing thats even the least bit good gets into the hof. And I didnt say he'd get into the hof, I say he had a hof resume.

Gatti will get into the HOF.

Mayorga definently will.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
It really doesnt matter what You think or anyone else. Everyone in boxing thats even the least bit good gets into the hof. And I didnt say he'd get into the hof, I say he had a hof resume.

Gatti will get into the HOF.

Mayorga definently will.

You just said it there though.

Again, i doubt he gets in the HOF.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
He has beaten better fighters than Gatti, on paper anyway.
He has nothing except Vernon. Beating a shot Vargas aint all that great.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
even a shot vargas is better than anyone on gattis resume. Plus he beat vargas on vargas's terms and as the underdog.

Being the only man to defeat vernon forrest ( twice ) says alot though. He should of got the D over spinks. He defeates lewis twice ( well one was a dq I believe or something ) he's fought oscar and tito and made for exciting fights. Hurt them both.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Yeah but Vernon is much better than anyone on Gatti's resume, and he beat him twice.
Look at it this way, Benn and Eubank are no in the HOF. Mayorga hasn't had the career or resume of either guy.

Gatti never had a Forrest type win but he beat a higher level of opposition apart from that.

Mayorga aint no HOF'er.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
In your oppinion he's not but its a good thing it means jack.

Gatti and Mayorga are both HOF'ers.

Eubank and Benn will eventually be in the hof, but both are overated imo. They are legends in the UK though.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
How good is Ricardo Mayorga?

His Street-fighter/Brawler style, lack of defense, lack of respect, lack of discipline and general lack of class should mean, that he should have been no better than a journey man fighter.............

But I love to watch this guy fight,I think he is one of the best at what he does in boxing.

He gets KO, he KO others and his "unique", style means that he often destroys the odd bemused fighter. I also noticed that he is a very underrated finisher, when he has his man in trouble, kind of like " a shark that senses blood in water".

But on the other hand, his lack of ring craft and the fact he goes into a boxing ring to "have a fight", (minus any tactical plans) is often comical to the point of embarrassment.
He sucks and is a piece of ***** in my opinion.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
In your oppinion he's not but its a good thing it means jack.

Gatti and Mayorga are both HOF'ers.

Eubank and Benn will eventually be in the hof, but both are overated imo. They are legends in the UK though.
My opinon that he wont means exactly the same as your one that he will.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts