Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed this, and I feel that it is as pathetic as it gets. In his last bout against Joes Luis Castillo Ricky Hatton wore a UFC logo on his BOXING trunks. In a time where all of this back and forth competition between the two entities is so intense this guy goes and endorses the competing product. I now like him even less :mad:

You can see the logo on his right thigh below his waist. What a douche.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just can't believe I never noticed that. I just happened to see it while watching the castillo fight again last night and I went crazy. What a ***.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Don't see the big deal, they do their thing we'll do ours.

Each to their own, there's a place in the market for more than one product ours is just better is all ;)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Shut it :laugh:

its a logo it isnt nothing serious i cant beileve some perthetic hatton hatter has made a thread about this

wat a plum !!!

this is so pointless

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tyson said:

its a logo it isnt nothing serious i cant beileve some perthetic hatton hatter has made a thread about this

wat a plum !!!

this is so pointless
No, fortunately I am not a "plum." And yes, this is a big deal in my opinion. With the never ending boxing versus the UFC debate the last thing boxing needs is a boxer with a recognizable name endorsing UFC for a little extra cash. I take it as a slap in the face to boxing fans. It is just another ploy by the UFC to get their name out there even more into the boxing community. Bad move.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
i agree shane and they were able to talk the hatton express into going alogn with it, i guarentee you if that patch was mayweather, all these guys saying its fine would be way against it and dog him outrageoulsy about it. Whats up with all the name calling tyson? :thumbsdown:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
tyson said:

wat a plum !!!

this is so pointless
agreed. :laugh:

rickys just getting paid, i hate UFC but if they wanted to pay me to wear there logo id be happy to.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
TysonJones said:
i agree shane and they were able to talk the hatton express into going alogn with it, i guarentee you if that patch was mayweather, all these guys saying its fine would be way against it and dog him outrageoulsy about it. Whats up with all the name calling tyson? :thumbsdown:
lance, floyd already says he loves UFC and bets huge sums of money on it, he was also linked to a fight with shrek.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
flody bets on every sportying event, and he only said that he loves the ufc to get the ufc and the public off his back about it. He hates the ufc as me and you.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
TysonJones said:
flody bets on every sportying event, and he only said that he loves the ufc to get the ufc and the public off his back about it. He hates the ufc as me and you.
im not sure about that, i know floyd and tito ortiz hung out together in the past.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TysonJones said:
Oh how right you are. Correct!

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So did Zab and Rampage, but you don't see Zab wearing UFC patches. LMAO. He's supposed to be this big money guy, yet he takes a little extra to endorse a competitor? What a "plonker."

·
Registered
424 Posts
god ******* dammit, this is ridiculous. who cares? if anything its nice to see a boxer with a UFC logo. Maybe somehow it will convince some people that the "UFC vs. BOXING" battle is stupid and worthless and should stop being an issue.. for 1, both sports can exists without hurting the other. 2nd if anything they help each other by getting people into combat/fighting/whateveryouwanttocallit sports. and 3rd, its not like by bitching about it its going to do anything. your not going to change the minds of UFC fans, or anybody else for that matter, your just going to continue to bitch onto forums, and have someone that already agrees with you say "yeah yeah, your totally right" and that is ALL thats going to happen.
and making fun of hatton saying "he's just shamelssly trying to get some extra cash" is stupid. you can say that about most fighters then? who do you say about the fighters that used to have "Golden Palace.com" written onto there backs during fights?

-Melty

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
ok this thread is turning into ufc vs boxing, its a good thread shane and hatton should be hated on because of this because ufc should not be around the sport of boxing. It is a complete insult.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Meltdown50 said:
god ******* dammit, this is ridiculous. who cares? if anything its nice to see a boxer with a UFC logo. Maybe somehow it will convince some people that the "UFC vs. BOXING" battle is stupid and worthless and should stop being an issue.. for 1, both sports can exists without hurting the other. 2nd if anything they help each other by getting people into combat/fighting/whateveryouwanttocallit sports. and 3rd, its not like by bitching about it its going to do anything. your not going to change the minds of UFC fans, or anybody else for that matter, your just going to continue to bitch onto forums, and have someone that already agrees with you say "yeah yeah, your totally right" and that is ALL thats going to happen.
and making fun of hatton saying "he's just shamelssly trying to get some extra cash" is stupid. you can say that about most fighters then? who do you say about the fighters that used to have "Golden Palace.com" written onto there backs during fights?

-Melty
touche, this is a stupid thread, i think i'll close it.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Meltdown50 said:

-Melty
Golden Palace.com was not in competition with boxing, nor taking shots at boxing's technical fights and calling them boring. You must be one of those guys on the fence who like both. It is far from nice to see any boxer wearing a UFC logo in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TommyGunn said:
touche, this is a stupid thread, i think i'll close it.
Well of course the site's #1 Hatton fan will agree with anything that gives him a pass. This thread is only "stupid" because it is about lil Ricky.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts