Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

who wins?

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like an easy with for Hatton, he can sell it out 10 times, he still wont bring in the dough Floyd does.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Yeh but the difference being, Hatton can fight a complete bum in England and make millions whereas Floyd won't get away with that, US fans just wouldnt buy it. Hatton should win this fight impressively by KO.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Looks like an easy with for Hatton, he can sell it out 10 times, he still wont bring in the dough Floyd does.

Do we need to bring Peanut Butter Floyd into every conversation here?

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
No, we don't. Hatton should win this one pretty comfortably. He will be allowed to hold and rape Lazcano into submission before getting him out with an arm bar. ;)

Hatton will overwhelm Juan from the start and win a clear decision.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
I'm starting to beleive that Hatton is really scared of this Witter caracter, why the hell would they send all the way to Mexico for an opponent when they got a good one right there ... something smells fishy

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Witter is a threat for sure. Hatton is being a bitch about it, in my opinion. I don't care what Witter said/did. He's the best opponent out there. Witter already has a fight though.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Witter is a threat for sure. Hatton is being a bitch about it, in my opinion. I don't care what Witter said/did. He's the best opponent out there. Witter already has a fight though.
yeap they probably realize this guy could whip'em and don't want to take a chance especially not on his welcome home party

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Witter vs. Hatton would be an interesting fight. If Hatton was aloud to smother Witter and hold him all the time he'd probably wear him down and win, but Witter is by far the better boxer of the two.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
I guess some habits are hard to break. This is a terrible match-up. Hatton should be ashame of himself for facing yet another shot fighter. Lazcano's best days were at 135. Not 140. It's been years since he beat a quality opponent.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Apart from the fact Witter is already booked, there is no way Hatton would or should have taken him as his first fight after being badly knocked out. Hatton needs a W and to restore some confidence.

Without wanting to dredge up this fairly pointless arguement, I still think Hatton beats Witter fairly convincingly, but he has to fight him. As big a twat as Witter is he's worthy of a shot, and if Hatton never gives it he'll go down in my estimation.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Yeh, the excuse that 'Witter doesnt deserve it' just doesnt wash anymore. Witter is the #1/2 guy at 140lbs now and holds a world title, he definetly deserves it.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Apart from the fact Witter is already booked, there is no way Hatton would or should have taken him as his first fight after being badly knocked out. Hatton needs a W and to restore some confidence.

Without wanting to dredge up this fairly pointless arguement, I still think Hatton beats Witter fairly convincingly, but he has to fight him. As big a twat as Witter is he's worthy of a shot, and if Hatton never gives it he'll go down in my estimation.

I don't know about being booked. It's starting to look like Witter's fight with Hopkins is following apart

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts

Exactly. He's also fighting Lazcano because he wanna give his fans an impressive KO victory. Nothing wrong with that given that he just fought the best in the business but if he doesn't fight either Witter or Malignaggi in his next fights I'll be seriously disappointed.

PS : this is funny that Frank Warren himself complains about Ricky fighting a lesser opponent. That's his bread and butter.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Let Hatton see if he is still Hatton. A shot Hatton would get beat by Witter. He doesn't need to jump into an embarrassment. Let him get his feet wet again and then we will start talking about where he should go from there. No matter how bad he is he won't get beat by Lazcano but after the fight he will know if he still has it.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts