Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Ricky Hatton vs. Juan Urango Discussion Thread - Jan 20

11K views 79 replies 16 participants last post by  Jetcar 
#1 ·
January 20 (Saturday), 2007
At The Paris Hotel, Las Vegas, NV
(HBO) Ricky Hatton (41-0) vs. Juan Urango (17-0-1)
(IBF Jr. Welterweight belt)
Hatton is going to dismantle Urango :cheeky4:

#4 ·
now ive watched all hattons fights and havent seen him butt anyone, the only time i even recall hatton being naughty was against kostya when he hit him low in retaleation to kostya doing the same thing.!!

#5 ·
tommygunn said:
now ive watched all hattons fights and havent seen him butt anyone, the only time i even recall hatton being naughty was against kostya when he hit him low in retaleation to kostya doing the same thing.!!

Tommy whos is your current pound 4 pond top 10?

1. 3 way tie Hatton, Calzaghe , Khan

2 . Any other UK fighter

3 nobody

#8 ·
ERIK said:
Tommy whos is your current pound 4 pond top 10?

1. 3 way tie Hatton, Calzaghe , Khan

2 . Any other UK fighter

3 nobody
1. joe calzaghe
2. manny pac
3. winky wright
4. marco antonio barrera
5. vladimir klitschko
6. ricky hatton
7. joel casamayor
8. rafa marquez
9. oscar delahoya
10. floyd no guts mayweather.

id say thats a prety objective p4p list, taylor aint on it because he aint shown nothing but clinch quality, and im just not takin in by mayweather, i think pbf is the most overhyped fighter in history.

#9 ·
tommygunn said:
1. joe calzaghe
2. manny pac
3. winky wright
4. marco antonio barrera
5. vladimir klitschko
6. ricky hatton
7. joel casamayor
8. rafa marquez
9. oscar delahoya
10. floyd no guts mayweather.

id say thats a prety objective p4p list, taylor aint on it because he aint shown nothing but clinch quality, and im just not takin in by mayweather, i think pbf is the most overhyped fighter in history.

i really like the list but i would switch 4
for J M Marquez.
how could he not be on the list.

#10 ·
jmm is a top guy but lets see if his fight with chris john comes off or he moves up to 130, i cant see him moving up because he's just been awarded scott harrison's wbo title so id say unification against john.

#12 ·
Who is this Urango cat he must have something because he's the champ I don't dissmiss anybody too quick he could be a spoiler you never know hatton did'nt looked too good the last time out his style burns up figthers quick he's also balloning like the blimp in bettween fights.

#13 ·
HUGOBOX said:
Who is this Urango cat he must have something because he's the champ I don't dissmiss anybody too quick he could be a spoiler you never know hatton did'nt looked too good the last time out his style burns up figthers quick he's also balloning like the blimp in bettween fights.
you know i find that realy worying myself to see hatons weight between fights, he must have been about 160/170 when i seen him last month on a t.v aperance, no fighter can go on long with such drastic weight gain between fights but i think hatton still has another 3 years at the top before it falls apart.

by the way all you hatton doubters are any of you interested in puting your points where your mouth is i will gladly stake 1000 points against all of you for this bout :cheeky4: if not shut the fcuk up and watch the king go back on his thrown.:laugh:

#14 ·
tommygunn said:
by the way all you hatton doubters are any of you interested in puting your points where your mouth is i will gladly stake 1000 points against all of you for this bout :cheeky4: if not shut the fcuk up and watch the king go back on his thrown.:laugh:
first tell what the points are good for then ill tell you i want to bet.
i still have a $1.00 if you have the guts to take that bet.

#15 ·
tommy gun that is the worst p4p list ive ever seen. Calzaghe at the Top. U must be jokin. Calzaghe is awesome fighter but p4p no way.

1. Floyd mayweather
2. Manny Pacquiao
3. jermain taylor
4. j l castillo
5. Ricky Hatton
6. j m marquez
7. oscar de la hoya
8. shane mosley
9. joe calzaghe
10. jaun diaz

and hatton will destroy Urango in 5 rounds.

#16 ·
:laugh: isee taylors on your list :laugh: man that says it all :laugh: i do agree with you on the hatton fight though, id say 5 or 6 rounds for a stoppage. and why shouldnt calzaghe be p4p #1, he's had as many defences as hopkins did and is still at the top of his game. and if you look at his record there are 8 or 9 former champs on it. manny pac is a very close second, i just thought when he fought marquez that he was beaten by the odd point and he also lost to morales who was 2 years past his best ( although he did avenge his loses and has improved ). floyd mayweather is a fraud he ducked kostya at 140 thats the only reason hatton got the fight and he ducked margarito at 147 when he was offered a carrer high of $8m. i think he see's oscar as an easy dance but let me tell you oscar will catch up with him and when he does he will be seeing stars.

#17 ·
Hatton vs. Urango prediction

Hatton will easily beat Urango. Urango is a nobody, and will stand in front of Hatton all night to get hit. When Ricky needs a breather between punch flurries, he'll just clinch.

Urango has fought some pathetice journeyman in the last few years, with the exception of Ben Rabah.

If Hatton can make weight, it should be no problem for him to defeat Urango.

However, this does nothing for Hatton's career. He should have stayed at 147 to fight Margarito.

Oh,right. I'm not supposed to say that. Right, Tommy?
According to you, and I'm not being a jerk here, Margarito was to fight Williams next...but now he's fighting Cotto. After Cotto, then what? Why not Hatton?

You kept telling me that Margarito and Hatton couldn't make a fight 'cause of Margarito's mandatories. When Cotto gets beat by Margarito (as you've all been saying), what good will a Cotto/Hatton fight be?

I've yet to see one printed article where the Hatton camp discusses fighting Margarito.

#18 ·
williams and margie is on, and cotto has to defend against urkal. after these mandos we have cotto v margie who are obviously winning there respected bouts.

#19 ·
tommy gun you have a good point. I agree with you about Oscar beating floyd but at the moment Maywether deserves no 1 for P4P. He hasnt ducked anyone. Have a look at his record. Hes a 4 weight world champion. Beat the best in every weight. Corrales, castillo, judah, gatti, Chavez and baldomir. If that isnt a good list of fighters well what is. And now hes fighting the goldenboy. If he fought margarito and totlay outclassed him like i think he would do the mayweather critics would say hes ducking someone else like dela hoya. Come on he can only have 1 fight at a time. He has at least 5 more fights in him and will be against top opposition. Dont beilive the retirement romours. Yes I will admitt joe should be ranted higher in my list but he still hasnt realy proved himself. Yes he has had 20 title defenses wich is amazing and destroyed Jeff lacy but untill he fights J Taylor, Bernard hopkins and other top names he wont be regarded the best fighter in the world. Hopefully he does beat the big names and i dont see why he wont. Hes an awsome fighter. He will destroy mafredo. KO 5

#20 ·
tyson said:
tommy gun you have a good point. I agree with you about Oscar beating floyd but at the moment Maywether deserves no 1 for P4P. He hasnt ducked anyone. Have a look at his record. Hes a 4 weight world champion. Beat the best in every weight. Corrales, castillo, judah, gatti, Chavez and baldomir. If that isnt a good list of fighters well what is. And now hes fighting the goldenboy. If he fought margarito and totlay outclassed him like i think he would do the mayweather critics would say hes ducking someone else like dela hoya. Come on he can only have 1 fight at a time. He has at least 5 more fights in him and will be against top opposition. Dont beilive the retirement romours. Yes I will admitt joe should be ranted higher in my list but he still hasnt realy proved himself. Yes he has had 20 title defenses wich is amazing and destroyed Jeff lacy but untill he fights J Taylor, Bernard hopkins and other top names he wont be regarded the best fighter in the world. Hopefully he does beat the big names and i dont see why he wont. Hes an awsome fighter. He will destroy mafredo. KO 5
on PBF
i don't give him credit for gatti(past his prime)
i don't give him credit for corales (wrong weight for corales) BTW he refused a rematch against corales at 135 at that time. can you say "DUCK" and like a 20/80 split
castillo also got mugged.castillo won that fight.

on joe
he is in my book the #1 P4P
1-B-HOP never moved in weight to fight anybody so to take away from a boxer because he didn't fight B-HOP is wrong.
2-taylor would just be another ko win for him.TAYLOR SUCKS.
3- Roy Jones JR. refuesd to fight joe and DUCKED him in every way possible.

#24 ·
tommygunn said:
williams and margie is on, and cotto has to defend against urkal. after these mandos we have cotto v margie who are obviously winning there respected bouts.
I actualy think that paul williams wins the fight against Margarito. Thats gonna be one hell of a fight. Could set a new compubox punches record. These are two high volume, hard hitting boxers that are both in excellent shape. CAN'T WAIT ! :D

#25 ·
Captainobvious99 said:
I actualy think that paul williams wins the fight against Margarito. Thats gonna be one hell of a fight. Could set a new compubox punches record. These are two high volume, hard hitting boxers that are both in excellent shape. CAN'T WAIT ! :D
everbody keeps on about williams size but margie is only 2inches shorter than him and id say carrys the weight better, margarito will be on a diffrent level than he was against clottey, tony was fighting hurt and still put on a show, a freind of mine from another forum is part of team margarito and he say's the guy looks unbeatable at the mom. if williams comes forward in this fight tony will ko him period, the only way personaly i see williams winning this is staying on the outside and utilising his reach, something ive never seen him doing in the 4or5 times ive seen him fight, if he gets caught with right hands the wayhe did against sharmba there is only one outcome, ko margarito, viva tijuana.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.