Discussion Starter · #1 ·
November 22

At Las Vegas (HBO): Ricky Hatton vs. Paulie Malignaggi

12 rounds, for Hatton's Ring magazine junior welterweight title

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There won't be a beatdown imo, but I think hatton will take it. It's a 50/50 fight imo. I wont be surprised if either man wins. Luckily I dont have a favorite either so I will just be able to sitback and enjoy this one. At least I hope I can enjoy it.

G

·
Wishful thinking maybe by me. I do think Hatton will walk through his punhes (even with his chin softened up) and land some big shots. I don't see Paulie winning this, he's looked terrible since beating N'Dou the first time.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hatton can take paulies best shot, I just think hatton fears any punch anymore, which may cause them to do more damage. Much like Jones started to fear getting hit. I think his mentality may be gone. He still should pull it out though.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Considering Malignaggis hands make Calzaghes look in good shape, theres no way he will KO Hatton. Hes just got to run around the ring a lot, get in quick combos and exit before Hatton has a chance to grab hold of him and get in close.

I like Paulie so I wouldn't mind him winning the fight, Hatton will probably end up getting it though.

G

·
I know what you mean Lance, but Hatton will never be scared of a punch. That is a worrying thing for future fights when he's in against punchers.

WelshWizard, if Paulie KO's Hatton us Brits won't be able to show are faces around here for a few months lol

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Probably going to be really ugly. I don't know if Hatton can finish off Malignaggi, but the good thing is that I don't think Malignaggi can even come close to buzzing him. I don't care if Ricky fights again after this one, but he's got to beat this clown.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I know what you mean Lance, but Hatton will never be scared of a punch. That is a worrying thing for future fights when he's in against punchers.

WelshWizard, if Paulie KO's Hatton us Brits won't be able to show are faces around here for a few months lol
I think Hattons chin would have to be made of paper for Paulie to KO him :laugh:

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
I can see Hatton punishing Mal, but Mal will probably run around like a chicken with head cut off before getting KOd. Hatton by decision or late stoppage.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hatton by UD or late stoppage....

Hairdo imo don't stand a chance, I think he may give Ricky a problem with his fast combos but Hatton will land some big punches and knock him down.....

Hopefully Hatton will fight on after this match though, and hopefully one in England as i really want to go to one of his fights :) (Y)

·
Registered
1 Posts
There's no way in a million years that Malignaggi will knock down Hatton cos his hands are a mess and he can't punch. I think Hatton will stop him late on.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
LOL @ hairdo, Hatton too strong for Paulie, but who knows Paulie might pull it off if he uses the ring and doesnt get caught up on the ropes or the corner, needs to stay away from Hattons pressure.

·
Registered
42 Posts
BBC SPORT | Boxing

Ricky missed a planned press conference for the Malignaggi fight yesterday, claiming illness.
The rumor mongers, are whispering he had a hangover.
Saw the report of this, and the hangover rumors on Sky text, but can't find a link.

Interesting, Ricky was more than likely not well, or he is playing mind games with Malignaggi.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts