Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight's fight between Ricky Hatton and Paulie Malignaggi will be covered right here live. Fight coverage begins as I type this. First up is the James Kirkland fight. Stay tuned for a live play by play.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kirkland is making me very nervous. He's so wide open when he throws that he could get caught at any second and be stopped. I wish he would be more compact. Kirkland put Vera down in the early stage of round two with an uppercut, but Vera wasn't really hurt. Wow, Kirland puts Vera down again!!!

2-0 Kirkland. 10-7 round. 20-16

20-17

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Stephen why don't you do a play by play with me? It's up to you, but I'd appreciate it. Just do each of your posts in any bolded color so viewers can differentiate between our posts! Up to you though!

G

·
Hey Stephen why don't you do a play by play with me? It's up to you, but I'd appreciate it. Just do each of your posts in any bolded color so viewers can differentiate between our posts! Up to you though!
ill be honest shane, i aint going to do it for rickys fight, i just will get over excited and will honestly admit i will let my bias get the better of me :laugh:

i will do one in future though bud :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Early in round 4 Kirkland is buzzed by a straight right from Vera. Seems to be ok, but like I said he's so wide open at all times! Kirkland round, but I have a sick feeling he's going to get dropped. Kirkland is getting tagged with WAY too many punches. Got me nervous.

4-0 Kirkland

G

·
another round to Kirkland. Still cant get vera out of there.all very predictable in there though. Skill seems to off gone out the window and its just both guys loading up.

Vera landed a few decent shots at the end of that round.

Kirland won every round so far

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ill be honest shane, i aint going to do it for rickys fight, i just will get over excited and will honestly admit i will let my bias get the better of me :laugh:

i will do one in future though bud :thumbsup:
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

G

·
while entertaining, like shane said there is very little skill in there, defence is out the window, both fighters wide open to be hit.

Kirkland came on very strong this round, jesus i give vera credit he is taking some shots. his corner needs to think of pulling him out there. taking way to many brutal shots.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
maybe a tko coming or a huge ud

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kirkland took round 6 off, but still won. If Vera takes another round of 35 landed punches his corner should start thinking about stopping the fight. Although I think Vera could possibly land a show stopper, he is taking one hell of a beating.

6-0 Kirkland.

G

·
both guys looking tired, kirkland taking a breather this round, still winning it though, some lovely shots at the end of that round by kirkland.

Ricky looking nice and relaxed in his changing room tonight, thankfully.

G

·
veras coner really need to think serious about pulling him out of there, hes shattered, absolutly no defence and is taking some serious shots.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If I was in Kirkland's corner I would tell him to do almost nothing other than jab with his left glove glued to his chin. This fight is in the bag, and I'm worried that if he keeps swinging for the fences he may get dropped. Another easy Kirkland round. Lennox Lewis - "Why does Kirkland have his left hand down against a fighter who throws straight rights primarily?" I agree with Lennox's question/statement.

7-0

G

·
vera is one tough kid, but his corner need to look serious at stopping this.

Kirkland is looking tired himself but doesnt need anything special at the moment.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts