Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who and how?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this fight took place (hypothetically) in December at 140 who would you favor to win and how?

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
I would call it a draw at 147, then again Judah might not make the transition to well to a lower weight and Hatton also sucks at that weight so a draw again......

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're thinking too much. Just imaging Zab at 140 (easy to do) against the Hatton we've seen in his last 2-3 fights. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if this was over in 3. I'd take Berto over Hatton too. That's another guy who should move down.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
You're thinking too much. Just imaging Zab at 140 (easy to do) against the Hatton we've seen in his last 2-3 fights. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if this was over in 3. I'd take Berto over Hatton too. That's another guy who should move down.
Why is that cause he only reaches up to Paul Williams knees???:laugh:

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
I'm telling you :laugh: I just don't know how Berto would manage against williams, it would be something similar to Duran vs Tommy hearns

·
Registered
224 Posts
Zab by ko round 8

(if he sticks to the plan and does not lose his way, like the last 3-4 fights)

sadly the guy may not be to far away from being a NUTTER.

Badger in Asia

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Zab would probably stop Hatton. I can guess the punch would be the counter left uppercut as Hatton is coming in. Hatton beats his azz down at 140 in his prime though.

·
Registered
772 Posts
why has everyone written hatton off since his defeat to mayweather?

hatton rules 140, considering the extent zab shaky leg syndrome during his fight with kostya tszyu, and the fact that hatton gave tszyu a battering before he made him quit.... i'd say the favourite has got to be hatton, zab's very very quick, but does he have to strength to deal with hattons inside fighting?

i don't know where all this KO in 3 comes in to it, i mean lets face it hatton is no khan.

i don't see hatton KOing zab, but i could see zab retiring on his stool or a UD to hatton, but at 140 i don't see hatton being Ko'd by the likes of tszyu.

however at 147, hatton is terrible and looks nothing like he does at 140, and i think he'd struggle with zab and i could see a UD or maybe a late KO in favour of zab, but at 140 theres no doubt in my mind, it would be a hatton victory.

its a shame to see so many writting hatton off, considering he has only lost to the p4p champ at the time.... i guess its more hate, then boxing knowledge, that has swayed the the pole in this thread.... but maybe i'm wrong, but i just can't see zab "skinnyman" judah, Koing hatton the mancunian brawler.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Zab at 140 is great. I think he'd give Hatton a beating and perhaps stop him. If no stoppage, a very wide UD victory.. I'm talking complete shut out (except maybe the occasional glimpse of Hatton) but other then that Zab is, was and always will be a step above Hatton. 140, 147 you name it Zab would beat Hatton.

I don't know why I like Zab, I just think that skills wise he's still one of the best around.. he just doesn't give a ****.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Hatton is fading now. He seems to get wobbled by weak counters. I don't like Zab at all but he's a guy who can knock you out with his lightening quick counters. At 140 he will be very strong although he might have stamina problems. His left uppercut would take Hatton's head off.

·
Registered
661 Posts
This is the only fight I wanna see at 140. Judah has to face the music and move down. He's not effective enough at 147, there's no shame in that at all. Prime V Prime Hatton by late TKO, but now I'm not so sure. I think the Malignaggi fight will tell us a lot about the state of Hatton, if Paulie cushion hands manages to hurt him then it will be very clear that Hatton's days are numbered. On the other hand if Hatton comes out and beats him down impressively then there may still be life in the old dog yet.

I'm not gonna vote in the poll because I just can't predict the result. Who knows what sort of Ricky Hatton would step in the ring and no one ever has a clue what Zab Judah will show up, but it is the ONLY fight at 140 I want to see bar maybe Torres/Hatton.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
why has everyone written hatton off since his defeat to mayweather?

hatton rules 140, considering the extent zab shaky leg syndrome during his fight with kostya tszyu, and the fact that hatton gave tszyu a battering before he made him quit.... i'd say the favourite has got to be hatton, zab's very very quick, but does he have to strength to deal with hattons inside fighting?

i don't know where all this KO in 3 comes in to it, i mean lets face it hatton is no khan.

i don't see hatton KOing zab, but i could see zab retiring on his stool or a UD to hatton, but at 140 i don't see hatton being Ko'd by the likes of tszyu.

however at 147, hatton is terrible and looks nothing like he does at 140, and i think he'd struggle with zab and i could see a UD or maybe a late KO in favour of zab, but at 140 theres no doubt in my mind, it would be a hatton victory.

its a shame to see so many writting hatton off, considering he has only lost to the p4p champ at the time.... i guess its more hate, then boxing knowledge, that has swayed the the pole in this thread.... but maybe i'm wrong, but i just can't see zab "skinnyman" judah, Koing hatton the mancunian brawler.
Hatton looked pretty bad against Lazcano, even getting rocked by a counter left hook. Stamina was always Hatton's main strength but even against Urango (at 140lbs) it was questionable. And its only a matter of time before his life outside the ring catches up with him.

I don't think Judah stops him as early as round 3, but he could get a mid/late round stoppage. In his prime though, Hatton takes Zab's best and wears him down with constant pressure.

G

·
:laugh: what a thread, another excuse to hatton bash.

Sorry shane bur ridiculos one sided argument you put forward there. you telling me Judah has been good in last few years? cory spinks, baldomir spring to mind to name but a few.

as bad as hatton has been so has judah. hatton looked bad against lazcano but still picked up a clear and convincing win. judge him on his next fight not on his last.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
After seeing the dogshit performance Zabs last outing I would have to take Hatton with the TKO. Its sad to say he just doesn't have it anymore this early in his career but that's what I'm gonna have to say.

Let me add if we are talking about 140 and losing that weight. No chance in my book.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts