Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anybody have any P4P rankings from the RING pre-2005? I'm kind of looking for rankings during 1990 an onwards. Not sure when the P4P rankings began but I'd just like the rankings from say the end of 1990, the end of 91, the end of 92, the end of 93 and so on right the way up to the end of 2005.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never mind, found a list.

Bernard Hopkins was P4P number 1 from 2002-2004. he was ranked ahead of Roy Jones in 2001 aswell. Interesting stuff, just like to see how Ring Magazine saw things.

Interesting to see that throughout the entire period of 2000, I can only see maybe Lennox Lewis who was a heavyweight ranked on the P4P rankings. There may be one or two more, but I'm briefly looking over them.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Never mind, found a list.

Bernard Hopkins was P4P number 1 from 2002-2004. he was ranked ahead of Roy Jones in 2001 aswell. Interesting stuff, just like to see how Ring Magazine saw things.

Interesting to see that throughout the entire period of 2000, I can only see maybe Lennox Lewis who was a heavyweight ranked on the P4P rankings. There may be one or two more, but I'm briefly looking over them.
I cant find any P4P lists but the lst few P4P #1 guys have been....

Pacquiao
Mayweather
Hopkins
Roy
Toney
SweetPea

Ive heard a couple of people claim Mosley had a breif spell as the #1 guy a while back but i dont remember that and i cant find anything stating he was either. :thumbsup:

The ring should archive there P4P lists on their site!

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts

Pacquiao
Mayweather
Hopkins
Roy
Toney
SweetPea

Ive heard a couple of people claim Mosley had a breif spell as the #1 guy a while back but i dont remember that and i cant find anything stating he was either. :thumbsup:

The sites had a bit of a facelift recently, which I only just noticed :laugh::thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I was going to say im sure i watched one fight where Mosley was announced as the P4P #1. Thanks for those lists man:thumbsup:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Thats what ive been looking for dude, great find. :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts

Pacquiao
Mayweather
Hopkins
Roy
Toney
SweetPea

Oscar too :thumbsup::cheeky4:.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts