Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Rival Bag Gloves 10 oz in and my 18 oz Tuf Wear Training gloves in ( all Black ).

The first thing I noticed was how amazing the Tuf Wear gloves were put to gether. great level, great sticking, great fit and incredibly protective of every single place on the hand. The Rival Gloves ( red, white and a little black ) were beautiful looking but were synthetic leather and not leather like the tuf wear but they were good on the eyes. I will now go into detail.

Rival Bag Gloves 10 oz - 44.99

They look great. In a ton of color formats, red and white caught my eye the most. They have a ton of knuckle protection and the thumbs are attached which feel great as well. They arent top quality though, You can see why they are half the price of the tuf wear gloves they are definently worth the 45 dollars. YOu get what you pay for. It comes with double straps for the wrist which holds your fist in there good. It takes awhile for you get used to how your hand really does feel inside while punching but once you get used to it, its great. I suggest these over the synthetic leather title bag gloves.

Tuf Wear Training Gloves - 99.99 (on sale for 39.99)

These gloves are classic gloves. All black, no emblem, just says tufwear on the cuff. They only come in one size but many different weights. I opted for the 18 oz'es because I've never owned a pair that heavy and figured why not eh? Man these things are huge, but the great thing is, my fit my small hand wonderfully. By looking at them you wouldnt think they would fit so snug. Boy are they ever. The padding over the knuckles is the best I've ever felt. I Went out and hit the bag for about 5 minutes and never felt one punch on my knukesl. I'd say theres a good 2 1/2 inches of padding. They dont feel like 18oz either, but they are, but i still felt a ton of snap in my punches. You have great mobility in them and are excellent for sparring. Especially if you plan on working on defense. They are great defensive gloves. The leather, stiching and comfort are all Grade A stuff. Never felt a training glove so well rounded. Definently get these while they last at title.com for 39.99. 12oz - 20oz. These are widely used my olympic boxers in training. And now i know why.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are definently ok to use on the heavy bag, How much are you looking to spend. I can tell you another glove thats just as cheap and better for bag work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not fair to compare

It isn't fair to compare these products. The Rival Gloves were made of Synthetic Leather and half the cost. The good ones are much more. To get an honest comparison we need the pro class gloves to be used. Maybe I'll get the guts to buy them one day and write a review.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts