Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who Wins???

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Roberto Duran vs Edison Miranda 10 rounds taking place in Puerto Rico. This fight will be at the weight of 160.

Who Wins and How???

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Roberto Duran is clearly the better boxer, but Miranda is naturally taller, larger, and stronger so I say Miranda by KO.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow this is turning out to be a great fight.

·
Registered
224 Posts
10 rounds it normally takes roberto 3 rounds to get into his swing so he would have to win 6 out of the remaining 7 rounds quite a tall order.

as much as i love roberto i think 10 rounds is not enough time for him (if it was 12 or above i would go for roberto.

Badger in Asia

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
10 rounds it normally takes roberto 3 rounds to get into his swing so he would have to win 6 out of the remaining 7 rounds quite a tall order.

as much as i love roberto i think 10 rounds is not enough time for him (if it was 12 or above i would go for roberto.

Badger in Asia
So who do you have winning and how?

·
Registered
224 Posts
No way reberto being knocked out, unless miranda had hearns sat on his shoulders LOL so i go miranda by 1-2 rounds tiring badly after being pummelled the last 3 rounds.

Badger in Asia

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
This one has got to be a joke. Duran has a much easier time with Miranda after beating a far superior guy in Iran Barkley at middleweight 15 years after winning the lightweight championship.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
This would be a good fight with two very good fighters. But I do not see the great fighter in Edison Miranda that I do Roberto hands of stone Duran. For one, you did not clarify if it would be prime vs. prime or it would be now vs. now. so this is basically how i see the fight.

PRIME VS. PRIME
Duran overwhelms Miranda in a brutal fight.
Duran TKOR7 Miranda

NOW VS. NOW
Miranda outboxes Duran in a alright fight
Miranda UDR10 Duran
Miranda UDR12 Duran
Miranda KOR14 Duran

I just cannot see the old champion overcoming the giant obstical of Edison Miranda. The prime champion overcomes this giant obstacle by KO though.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Miranda longer arms n hit just as hard if not harder he would win by KO...if you think he got a weak chin,watch the 1st fight w abraham..he just need to stop slackin between fights,

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Miranda longer arms n hit just as hard if not harder he would win by KO...if you think he got a weak chin,watch the 1st fight w abraham..he just need to stop slackin betweein fights,
I dont know, Duran definatley had a good punch, and from the way that I see it, I see that Duran is a better puncher. Miranda lost by TKO in the 4th round to Abraham in the rematch, and Abraham did not train well for that fight, and Miranda trained well for the rematch, and yet he still lost? Duran would definatley overwelmed Miranda.:cheeky4::thumbsdown::mad::p

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
This would be a good fight with two very good fighters. But I do not see the great fighter in Edison Miranda that I do Roberto hands of stone Duran. For one, you did not clarify if it would be prime vs. prime or it would be now vs. now. so this is basically how i see the fight.

PRIME VS. PRIME
Duran overwhelms Miranda in a brutal fight.
Duran TKOR7 Miranda

NOW VS. NOW
Miranda outboxes Duran in a alright fight
Miranda UDR10 Duran
Miranda UDR12 Duran
Miranda KOR14 Duran

I just cannot see the old champion overcoming the giant obstical of Edison Miranda. The prime champion overcomes this giant obstacle by KO though.
Only problem is that there's no such thing as a prime Duran at 160.At that weight he was just good, and his chin was his best asset, no way he gets knocked out. I don't think he knocks out Miranda either. I'd say a Duran decision.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Only problem is that there's no such thing as a prime Duran at 160.At that weight he was just good, and his chin was his best asset, no way he gets knocked out. I don't think he knocks out Miranda either. I'd say a Duran decision.
I dont know, Duran kind of had this ferocity to him, and the Duran that did his best (at 160 pounds) i think would have knocked Miranda out, but I think that you have just as good of a guess as mine.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts