Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If Marciano and Shavers fought in their primes, Marciano would KO Shavers after a lop sided slug fest to Marciano's favor. I am guessing MArciano would dispose of SHavers in about 5 rounds at the very most. What do you think?
 

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
bill1234 said:
If Marciano and Shavers fought in their primes, Marciano would KO Shavers after a lop sided slug fest to Marciano's favor. I am guessing MArciano would dispose of SHavers in about 5 rounds at the very most. What do you think?
Marciana by KO in the 5th round due to the simple fact that he would've been quicker ('not by much') but still quicker!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He also didn't rely on 1 punch KO's either. Marciano would have been close to Shaver's power. Shaver's also had chin issues, as where Marciano obviously doesn't. Marciano also had more stamina too.
 

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
bill1234 said:
He also didn't rely on 1 punch KO's either. Marciano would have been close to Shaver's power. Shaver's also had chin issues, as where Marciano obviously doesn't. Marciano also had more stamina too.
Is one born born with a tough chin, or do they have to work on it in training or is it some sort of mental thing which involves mind over matter? I don' know!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your basicaly born with it. Holmes was an exception, his first trainer was a journeyman pro and would throw jabs at Holmes face until Holmes would not flinch or blink. But htat was only part of it, the rest was natural for him.
 

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
bill1234 said:
Your basicaly born with it. Holmes was an exception, his first trainer was a journeyman pro and would throw jabs at Holmes face until Holmes would not flinch or blink. But htat was only part of it, the rest was natural for him.
I wonder if I've got a tough chin... how should I find out (the safe way)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
White Tyson said:
I wonder if I've got a tough chin... how should I find out (the safe way)?

Go and meet Mike Tyson, and call him crazy or call him a loon.

Oh, I sorry..you said the safe way.....

Then pick a fight with me... That would be safe.


And the answer to the queston at hand ..

Rocky 2 or 3 rd round

SHavers could hit, but he had the chin of Floyd Patterson.
 

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Dr. Wisdom said:
Go and meet Mike Tyson, and call him crazy or call him a loon.

Oh, I sorry..you said the safe way.....

Then pick a fight with me... That would be safe.


And the answer to the queston at hand ..

Rocky 2 or 3 rd round

SHavers could hit, but he had the chin of Floyd Patterson.
Floyd Patterson... a very good athlete and a very good boxer... but little strength!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
White Tyson said:
I wonder if I've got a tough chin... how should I find out (the safe way)?
I don't know of a "safe" way, the only way I know you could find out is in the ring with harder hitters.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top