Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was reading through some posts on this forum during the great back and forth that some of the members have had in the history section. I noticed them saying they Rocky Marciano weighed in at about 185 on average, when I checked on Boxrec they have him at 178 against Bob Jefferson.

By looking at that, Rocky Marciano would be a Light Heavyweight in todays world. So I thought about it, who would win if Roy Jones Jr in his prime was to fight a prime Rocky Marciano at Light Heavyweight?
Discuss!

(The links lead to their BoxRec records!)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Was reading through some posts on this forum during the great back and forth that some of the members have had in the history section. I noticed them saying they Rocky Marciano weighed in at about 185 on average, when I checked on Boxrec they have him at 178 against Bob Jefferson.

By looking at that, Rocky Marciano would be a Light Heavyweight in todays world. So I thought about it, who would win if Roy Jones Jr in his prime was to fight a prime Rocky Marciano at Light Heavyweight?
Discuss!

(The links lead to their BoxRec records!)
rocky marciano in round 2 ko rj.
rocky marciano have POWER!

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
This isn't a fight Roy can win goin 15 rounds. Marciano takes his best shots and keeps coming. Roy has to cut him bad early if he stands a chance to win this. Marciano would apply too much relentless pressure down the stretch and is the stronger man of the two. Fight starts with RJ making Marciano look bad (like an amateur), fight ends with RJ out like he was against Glen Johnson, unless Roy cuts Marciano bad enough that it has to be stopped by the mid rounds. Marciano would take about 10-12 rounds to KO him otherwise I believe.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Rocky Marciano stoppage. I think he would just have too much at Heavyweight for Jones, although I do like Jones as a fighter.

·
Registered
104 Posts
It looks like I'm the only one going for RJ jr. I believe that he could beat anyone in his prime at light heavy.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
It looks like I'm the only one going for RJ jr. I believe that he could beat anyone in his prime at light heavy.
Too bad the best guy he beat in his prime was an over-the-hill Virgill Hill. You know Virgill right...he ranks somewhere in the top 100 to top 50 LHs of all time. Not exactly sound evidence that RJJ would beat a top rated all time Heavyweight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts