Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody expect much from Thomas Hearns' son?

A 6'3", 160 POUND Middleweight (talk about lanky) who was told to get through school and get a degree first before he could take up boxing by his Father?

He did so... had a few Amateur Bouts and turned Pro at the relatively late age of 25?

Does anybody expect anything big from this 28 year old anytime soon?

Hell... he is even more underweight looking and lanky looking than his much more famous Father once was! :D

Ronald Hearns - The Official Website of The Motor City Cobra

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
i dont think so. He would never be like his father. His ametre record of 9 wins 1 loss doesnt prove anything. I would imagine him to become an avergae boxer that wins some and losses some. No world champion.

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tyson said:
i dont think so. He would never be like his father. His ametre record of 9 wins 1 loss doesnt prove anything. I would imagine him to become an avergae boxer that wins some and losses some. No world champion.
I don't think he'll ever become World Champion either... although he is... at this moment... undefeated! If he ever does become World Champion... I'll never, ever doubt any Boxer ever again ever! :D

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
White Tyson said:
I don't think he'll ever become World Champion either... although he is... at this moment... undefeated! If he ever does become World Champion... I'll never, ever doubt any Boxer ever again ever! :D
yes i wouldnt mind seeing him though. Paul williams is the next tommy hearns.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
tyson said:
yes i wouldnt mind seeing him though. Paul williams is the next tommy hearns.
lmfao. dont insult hearns by comparing williams to him, this chumps not in hearns class. the comparisons stop at 6ft1 welterweight. :confused:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
tommygunn said:
lmfao. dont insult hearns by comparing williams to him, this chumps not in hearns class. the comparisons stop at 6ft1 welterweight. :confused:
tommy look you have a problem with every top american fighter out there. First you totlay disrespected Floyd mayweather saying hes fought nobody wich is insane. Then Jermain Taylor and now paul williams. Im not saying hes anouther tommy hearns but the closest thing to him. A big ass welterwight with a big punch.

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Paul Williams is a 6'1" Welterweight? WOW! Well... let my just say this... some people said that Bernard Hopkins as a 6'1" Middleweight was lanky... well... Thomas Hearns was a 6'1" Welterweight... drastically underweight and unhealthy by medical standards!

But... to this day... he is the only "SUPERLANKY" man who could "KICK YOUR ASS"... and if he beat Leonard in '81... he'd more than likely be declared the greatest Welterweight Boxer of all time ever (and part of me thinks that he is... but I guess Leonard is a little bit better... maybe)... so this Paul Williams fellow has a lot of work to do if he wishes to be compared/even in the same league as Thomas Hearns!!! :D

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
tyson said:
tommy look you have a problem with every top american fighter out there. First you totlay disrespected Floyd mayweather saying hes fought nobody wich is insane. Then Jermain Taylor and now paul williams. Im not saying hes anouther tommy hearns but the closest thing to him. A big ass welterwight with a big punch.
oscar is an american fighter who i dont have a problem with, my alltime fav fighters are american like robinson, ali, roy jones and bernard hopkins. :confused:

you said williams is the next hearns and all i pointed out was there not on the same level......

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tommygunn said:
oscar is an american fighter who i dont have a problem with, my alltime fav fighters are american like robinson, ali, roy jones and bernard hopkins. :confused:

you said williams is the next hearns and all i pointed out was there not on the same level......
Well said Tommy Gunn and I completely agree with you!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
tommygunn said:

How come you always diss Floyd mayweather when at the momnet he is obviously the best pound for pound. You havent a good word to say about jermain taylor. i take my words back about you not likeing american fighters but these are two great fighters out there. I remember in anouther threat you Put Floyd as your number 10 pound 4 pound. Whats all that about and didnt even include Taylor. And you had Joe calzaghe as your number 1. ???

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
i have seen williams fight and am hugly impressed. He has power, speed, skills and everything that makes a great fighter. Tommy hearns was a great fighter and theres no reason Williams couldnt become the best welterweight. Hes unbeaten in over 30 fights and is constantly calling out big names. Im way behind this lad and hope he does well for himself.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
mayweather hasn't tested himself against the best since he fought castillo at 135lb. in my opinion he lost the first fight against castillo and got the UD, fought him for the second time and ran away spoiling the fight. he then moved to 140lb and kostya was regarded as the best fighter there but he seeked a fight with gatti which was the easy option. he moved to 147lb and was offered $8m to fight margarito but chose to fight zab who lost to baldomir the fight before. he was then offered the $8m again but chose again to reject his highest purse yet and fight the bum baldomir.

apart from that floyds great. :rolleyes:

taylor shouldn't be the champion pure and simple he lost fights against hop and winky and was given a gift.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
tommygunn said:
mayweather hasn't tested himself against the best since he fought castillo at 135lb. in my opinion he lost the first fight against castillo and got the UD, fought him for the second time and ran away spoiling the fight. he then moved to 140lb and kostya was regarded as the best fighter there but he seeked a fight with gatti which was the easy option. he moved to 147lb and was offered $8m to fight margarito but chose to fight zab who lost to baldomir the fight before. he was then offered the $8m again but chose again to reject his highest purse yet and fight the bum baldomir.

taylor shouldn't be the champion pure and simple he lost fights against hop and winky and was given a gift.
Mayweather has been in with great fighters. In my opinion yes he lost to castillo. But he did get the judges votes and he altered his style in the 2nd fight. didnt he. Hes beat Jesus Chavez who is a top fighter. He distroyed Corrales and Gatti who are modern day greats. Judah and baldomir who are good fighters. Now going for Golden Boy and has recently called out Hatton. If that isnt a good enough list of fighters then i realy dont no what is. Jermain Taylor in my opinion and the judges beat hopkins twice. I also thought he beat Winky by round or two. Taylor is a great fighter for the future and the best at middleweight. I think he desserevs more credit than what he gets.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
tommygunn said:

Mayweather has been in with great fighters. In my opinion yes he lost to castillo. But he did get the judges votes and he altered his style in the 2nd fight. didnt he. Hes beat Jesus Chavez who is a top fighter. He distroyed Corrales and Gatti who are modern day greats. Judah and baldomir who are good fighters. Now going for Golden Boy and has recently called out Hatton. If that isnt a good enough list of fighters then i realy dont no what is. OK he turned down margaritos offer like many other boxers have done. Even if he took that offer he would have beaten margarito hands down and still wouldnt get credit. Kostya Tszyu i will agree with. He should have fought tszyu but it just didnt happen.

Jermain Taylor in my opinion and the judges beat hopkins twice. I also thought he beat Winky by round or two. Taylor is a great fighter for the future and the best at middleweight. I think he desserevs more credit than what he gets.

Tommy who at this point can beat Jermain ???

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
your in danger of being laughed out the thread. ;)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
tommygunn said:
your in danger of being laughed out the thread. ;)
tommy i dont care mate ;) you seem a little lost for words there. Anyways i would like you to agree i have a point ? :thumbsup:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
you dont need words only laughter, taylor beat winky by 2? what fight were you watching? :confused:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
tommygunn said:
you dont need words only laughter, taylor beat winky by 2? what fight were you watching? :confused:
what ever mate im geting bored of you now lol. im gonna talk about anouther thread now. I just think Taylor won that fight but thats my opinion isnt it.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
your getting bored about being wrong, ill let somebody else finnish you off in this thread.

taylor by 2 LMFAO.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
tommygunn said:
your getting bored about being wrong, ill let somebody else finnish you off in this thread.

taylor by 2 LMFAO.
shut it mate lol. i forget what we were even talking about but i no what i talk about is the truth. Remind me will ya tommygun. By the way are u the real tommy gun???

1 - 20 of 61 Posts