Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I'm not sure how well you guys will take to this cos to be honest I'm not a die hard boxing fan, I mean everyones seen Ali V Foreman but aside from that I'm clueless. So I'll cut to the chase.

My buddy and I have basically set up a fight, idea popped up when the pair of us were out drinking and we got into a little argument about who was more of a hardass (Stupid but it was funny I assure you)

So basically I don't want the cocky bastard to floor me. We've both got zero experience but we're both in pretty good shape, only thing is he's got about 4 inches and about 40 pounds on me.

So uh... Any tips or advice? Where to aim for, how do I play it?

Cheers

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
OldOneTwo said:
Okay I'm not sure how well you guys will take to this cos to be honest I'm not a die hard boxing fan, I mean everyones seen Ali V Foreman but aside from that I'm clueless. So I'll cut to the chase.

My buddy and I have basically set up a fight, idea popped up when the pair of us were out drinking and we got into a little argument about who was more of a hardass (Stupid but it was funny I assure you)

So basically I don't want the cocky bastard to floor me. We've both got zero experience but we're both in pretty good shape, only thing is he's got about 4 inches and about 40 pounds on me.

So uh... Any tips or advice? Where to aim for, how do I play it?

Cheers
basicly if you've no boxing skill's what so ever the advice you reseve will be of know use to you, if you were a boxer the advice id give you would be to get inside him break up the body and throw upercuts. when the 2 of you go at it your obviously gonna just brawl but try to at least keep it at close range so his hight isnt as much of an advantage to him and do your best to mix up your shots to the head and body.

let us know know the outcome anyway mate and welcome to the board. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By break up the body I'm guessing you mean get in close, break his stance, like break his arms apart.

Cheers for the advice, and yeah I'll get back with a result lol

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
OldOneTwo said:
By break up the body I'm guessing you mean get in close, break his stance, like break his arms apart.

Cheers for the advice, and yeah I'll get back with a result lol
what i ment (i should have explained better) is work his ribs and solerplexus area this will wind him if you land the right shot and thts a zillion times worse than being hit on the chin. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
in your honest opinion are you tougher than the guy or is it a bravado thing taking the fight. lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nah, I know I'm the smaller man here but we're both more or less equal in strength (As far as weightlifting goes anyway)But his girl is gonna be there so I know he'll be going all out. As for being tougher, I'm really not sure. I get the feeling he's either gonna tumble down after a good few punches or he's just gonna shrug them off... Any mans fight I think, I just wanted to have the edge on him lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts