Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Well that was definitely the dark side of RJ...I hope no one draws the racist card though because he's far from it...
CJ and Thomasgunn are banned, so I think it will be fine although you put it right back up at the top of the section, so now more will see it!

G

·
What a racist asshole!

j/k, Jones is alright, just a bit of a complicated guy. He had a back up-bringing so I can't hold shitt like that against him. If he actually was racist then I might, but he's not.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Way to take the title from the interview and put it out of context. Its hard to tell the tone of someone by reading something on the internet but my guess is it was joking around. Unlike when Hopkins said what he said to Calzaghe.

I ain't the toughest motherf**ker in the world. I ain't Mr Superman. Not trying to be Mr Tough guy, don't want to be. Tell you one thing though: I'm one of the smartest motherf**kers in the world. You've been talking to a f**kin' genius.
Hilarious by the way:laugh:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think he's racist, and I don't think it came across that way, nor do I think it was meant to. It did come across that he's a bit of an asshole alright although in fairness, it did explain why as well... (Then again is your background an excuse for being an asshole, although that's an argument for another day and a much wider issue). Good read though...

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
What a racist asshole!

j/k, Jones is alright, just a bit of a complicated guy. He had a back up-bringing so I can't hold shitt like that against him. If he actually was racist then I might, but he's not.
Dag you had to take it there :laugh::laugh: I'm glad we can level out on one thing lol

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
You know I'm going to ask the dreaded question: How is RJ's comment not racist yet B-Hop's comments was "very racist"??? I know B-Hop stated that he never would lose to a white boy, but RJ did call the reporter a white mofo. There's not that much of a difference between the two statements. I'm just curious.

G

·
Well I can't remember me saying Hopkins' comment was "very" racist, but it was racist. I never once sayed he was a racist person though. And there's a big difference in the two comments. Jones' was more of an outburst whereas Hopkins' purposely said that to cause controversy so he could get more cash in his pocket. That's a massive difference if you ask me.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Well I can't remember me saying Hopkins' comment was "very" racist, but it was racist. I never once sayed he was a racist person though. And there's a big difference in the two comments. Jones' was more of an outburst whereas Hopkins' purposely said that to cause controversy so he could get more cash in his pocket. That's a massive difference if you ask me.
Yeah I agree the Hopkins comment was racist, but that's Hopkins being Hopkins when it comes to sell those tickets. A lot of people didn't understand that he's a promotor just as much he's a boxer now. But I agree with all that you said :thumbsup:

·
Registered
168 Posts
If he purposely said it to put cash in his pocket, then I would say that makes him less of a racist and more of a cynic. Off-the-cuff, spontaneous remarks would be much more indicative of racism than calculated ones, in my opinion. But then, I don't think either Hopkins or Jones are racists, and I don't think either of them said anything racist.

G

·
Yeah I agree the Hopkins comment was racist, but that's Hopkins being Hopkins when it comes to sell those tickets. A lot of people didn't understand that he's a promotor just as much he's a boxer now. But I agree with all that you said :thumbsup:
I understand that man, but you know as I do that it's no excuse. He's not a racist as far as I'm concerned so at least we agree on that. :thumbsup:

If he purposely said it to put cash in his pocket, then I would say that makes him less of a racist and more of a cynic. Off-the-cuff, spontaneous remarks would be much more indicative of racism than calculated ones, in my opinion. But then, I don't think either Hopkins or Jones are racists, and I don't think either of them said anything racist.
You make a very good point, but I don't think either are racist and that's why I think it's worse to purposely come out with a racist comment like that when he knew millions of people would hear it. Pretty ignorant but nothing that offended me. Not half as bad as Mayorga's comment about Spinks joining his dead mother in hell. That was the lowest I've ever heard that springs to mind.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
I understand that man, but you know as I do that it's no excuse. He's not a racist as far as I'm concerned so at least we agree on that. :thumbsup:

You make a very good point, but I don't think either are racist and that's why I think it's worse to purposely come out with a racist comment like that when he knew millions of people would hear it. Pretty ignorant but nothing that offended me. Not half as bad as Mayorga's comment about Spinks joining his dead mother in hell. That was the lowest I've ever heard that springs to mind.
True, there is no excuse for saying that; I mean he even caught me off guard when he said that. And I even questioned, "Man is this guy racist???" But then I remember him calling James Toney "a fat African Pig", and JT "a stuttering ************", him slamming the Puerto Rican flag, the list goes on and on. This was just one of Hopkins old school tactics in him getting into Cal and Cal's fans' heads. But there's no excuse for what he said, and you said it perfectly: The statement was racist, but there's no signs of him being racist.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Agreed...no one can or should take this seriously. Roy ain't racist. I enjoyed reading that article a lot.
It was kind of odd hearing that from RJ since he's a renewed Christian and all, but I don't think he's racist either.

G

·
True, there is no excuse for saying that; I mean he even caught me off guard when he said that. And I even questioned, "Man is this guy racist???" But then I remember him calling James Toney "a fat African Pig", and JT "a stuttering ************", him slamming the Puerto Rican flag, the list goes on and on. This was just one of Hopkins old school tactics in him getting into Cal and Cal's fans' heads. But there's no excuse for what he said, and you said it perfectly: The statement was racist, but there's no signs of him being racist.
Exactly right, when you add everything up it's pretty obvious there was no real meaning to it.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
CJ and Thomasgunn are banned, so I think it will be fine although you put it right back up at the top of the section, so now more will see it!
I'm not banned now Shane :cheeky4: I think that this interview by Jones Jr shows what a classless egocentric he is. Ya'll made such a big deal about Nards innocent " Not losing to a white boy" statement what have you got to say to this racial attack by this classless individual? A shot classless individual I might add

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I'm not banned now Shane :cheeky4: I think that this interview by Jones Jr shows what a classless egocentric he is. Ya'll made such a big deal about Nards innocent " Not losing to a white boy" statement what have you got to say to this racial attack by this classless individual? A shot classless individual I might add
Classless? The guy was kidding around. Take a joke. This is also coming from the guy who said H-Hop was an "OK guy". The guy is not ok. In and out of jail and sputtering things like "I would never let a white boy beat me". Not "OK" in my book.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts