Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Roy Jones Jr confirms fight with Calzaghe is done, Challenges Sam Peters.

4K views 88 replies 18 participants last post by  ulster86 
#1 ·
Just some news. Interesting that he challenges sam peters.

#7 ·
Quote from interview with Joe Calzaghe about how he'd beat Bernard Hopkins...

"Hopkins is a myth, just like his win over Antonio Tarver was made into something it isnt. Beating a guy that did absolutely nothing,for 12 rounds and fought like he was scared.Tarver was the guy that made his name by beating a washed up Roy Jones , just like Glenn Hohnson did too"
What suddenly made Roy Jones become a legit opponent for Joe Calzaghe after he'd already called him "washed up"? I'll tell ya what it is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ another con job worked on the boxing fans.
As you may guess I will not be buying the fight

#8 ·
If that fight went down (I like both fighters), but Imma have to go with the underdog in RJ. I just pray to God that he doesn't get his head knocked off by Peter's monsterous haymakers LOL. If RJ can beat Cal and then beat Peters, I will rank him over Ray Robinson LOL

#9 ·
Good CJ!!!

Always have something to cry about.

If you arent interested in this fight, dont freakin buy it, Everyone else will.

Some of us just enjoy boxing. All this bitching and moaning from you is really becoming lame. I question you as a true fan of boxing.

#12 ·
Good CJ!!!

Always have something to cry about.

If you arent interested in this fight, dont freakin buy it, Everyone else will.

Some of us just enjoy boxing. All this bitching and moaning from you is really becoming lame. I questionable you as a true fan of boxing.
I enjoy real boxing Lance. I appreciate a well fought, closely contested bout between two evenly matched boxers. I refuse tpo buy obvious money making con jobs. And please do not pretend to tell be anything about boxing I was involved in the sport when you were just a twinkle in your Daddies eyes LOL

#16 ·
I dont have many hobbies and money really isnt an issue. I will gladly spend 60 bucks on this fight to watch it in high def. You may say its one sided, but you've been known to be wrong more times than not. But why don't you check out that poll above! I think your still mad calzaghe beat one of your hero's and we all know why you hate rj. Go cry now.

#18 ·
To quote the man in shanes avatar.

The Sauce

"That I am not afraid of this f****** waste of lead
On my pencil, for me to write some **** this simple
So listen closely, as I break it down and proceed
This old G's about to get smoked like rolled weed
You don't know me or my mother******* mother
You mother******* punk"

"You're never gonna blow, *itch, you're just too old
No wonder you're sore now, lordy you're bored now
I'm pushing thirty, you're kickin forty's door down
*itch this is war now, and you'll never beat me"

#30 ·
Anyone else getting annoyed at Vegas gettin' everything? I know it's the way it is, but there are other good venues in America as well :thumbsup: It would be nice to see other venues get a look in, but we all know why they won't :thumbsdown:

#40 ·
When I think of Roy Jones and Sam Peter, I have the video of Peter knocking out Jeremy Williams playing in my head on repeat. I've never been a huge Jones fan, but I've grown to appreciate and respect him and there's no way I'd want to see his head get taken off. Floyd Mayweather, now that's another story...

#52 ·
As it should be. This isn't an AC-type fight, but I think Cotto/Margarito very would could have been. They'd have no problem packing 15,000 in there as Cotto has fought their multiple times and has that huge Puerto Rican following out of NYC and Jersey City. Margarito doesn't really have the huge west coast Mexican following one would expect for an exciting fighter of his caliber, but I'm sure the MGM Grand ponied up more cash than Boardwalk Hall ever could have.

#59 ·
I don't think the RJ-Peter fight will happen for two reasons: First, Peters last fight he weighed 250.5 lbs, so there's no chance in Peter becoming a cruiserweight unless you make him bulimic and chop off both of his legs. Second, RJ isn't that stupid to move all the way up to the heavyweight division to fight the Nigerian Nightmare...that's just crazy talk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.