Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

who goes down as the greater fighter?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, in your own opinions when everythings said and done 10 years from now who'll go down in history as the greater fighter?

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
As much as I dislike both, I have to say Jones.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Definately Roy ranks higher than Floyd. P4P and on achievements.
Roy was a fantastic fighter and P4P was quicker than Floyd and harder punching.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
i dont think floyd ducked anyone to be honest, but i would definently say roy jones jr unless maywather wins about 10 in a row against the top guys right now in the division.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
I'm probably not going to vote yet. I'm still deciding. I'll get back with my answer in 10 years.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow!!

rjj has 8 votes.

floyd has 0 votes.

shane, why aint you in here trying to defend your boy. :cheeky4:

infact, where are the rest of the huggers?

·
Registered
4 Posts
OK, I'll put up for PBF, but only because no one can come close to beating him. Although I think Roy had faster hands and beat bigger punchers, PBF's defense is flawless. However, I do think Floyd has a few things to prove before he cements his legacy and retires. If he can take control of a saturated welterweight division and still retire with a 45-0 record, he should prove to be the better of the two.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I've been working my ass off and haven't been able to be online as frequently as I like. I voted for Roy Jones Jr. As of right now Roy was a better FIGHTER in his prime. If you asked who was the better boxer as of right now I would give it to Floyd by a landslide. Floyd is one of those guys who is so technically sound that age will seem to creep up very slowly on him. Yes, his speed/reflexes will eventually fail, but will it hurt him nearly as much as Roy? No. Floyd has a solid base slash core of boxing knowledge. For this one my vote went to Jones Jr.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Defo roy jones jr. I rate roy in my top ten ever and floyd in te 20s.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Haymaker said:
OK, I'll put up for PBF, but only because no one can come close to beating him. Although I think Roy had faster hands and beat bigger punchers, PBF's defense is flawless. However, I do think Floyd has a few things to prove before he cements his legacy and retires. If he can take control of a saturated welterweight division and still retire with a 45-0 record, he should prove to be the better of the two.
You're wrong! Castillo put a beat down on Floyd in their first fight.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I've been working my ass off and haven't been able to be online as frequently as I like. I voted for Roy Jones Jr. As of right now Roy was a better FIGHTER in his prime. If you asked who was the better boxer as of right now I would give it to Floyd by a landslide. Floyd is one of those guys who is so technically sound that age will seem to creep up very slowly on him. Yes, his speed/reflexes will eventually fail, but will it hurt him nearly as much as Roy? No. Floyd has a solid base slash core of boxing knowledge. For this one my vote went to Jones Jr.
Almost 100% agreed with what you posted. There's certainly no question that at this minute Floyd is a few level's above RJJ.

To the couple who voted PBF, maybe when hes done he may prove to have the better record, but RJJ had astonishing ability, and at his prime WAS unbeatable. He had power, speed, athletic ability and unreal reflexes.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
guys, the thread says "10 YEARS FROM NOW WHO WILL BE REMEMBERED AS THE BETTER FIGHTER". :laugh:

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
As of now Roy would be remembered the greatest IMO but my vote is for Floyd.

Tommy will know im no nuthugger but my vote of Floyd being remembered as the best is purely based on what he does this year and 2008. If he adds Mosley, Hatton and Cotto or two of the three to his resume and retires and stays there undefeated P4P No.1 multidivision champion. I think that will stand for more than Roy who in decline got beatup and KO'd

1 - 20 of 38 Posts