Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Roy Jones Jr. vs Bernard Hopkins - Prime to Prime

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RJ fought B-hop back in '93 but hopkins was still green. been on and off for negotiations for a rematch in the last 15 years. looks like it will never happen now. in their primes, who would have won?

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Of course I picked B-Hop since I'm a big fan of his skills, but I'm not surprised if RJ would win this fight since he was the P4P king in his prime, but B-Hop was #2 and a P4P king as well in his prime. If RJ wins this fight, it won't be done easily since B-Hop is a defensive/counterpunching wizard with an iron chin (so I can't see him KO'd). I see this a close fight that may have gone to a SD either way.

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
RJ with a close UD. This would be a great fight IMO. RJ's athleticism vs. B-Hop's ring smarts. I don't think anyone would get KO'ed but RJ's is known for his flash punch power...

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
If they would have fought around '99 or 2000, I think it would have been a much closer and compelling fight, but I'd still have Jones coming out on top.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Jones UD for me, he just had too much skills in the locker and I think would just give B-Hop a bit of a boxing lesson.

No insult on B-Hop but I think RJ was outstanding and would have given any of the greats a good fight at least.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts