Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 384 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In a battle of former legendary champions, Roy Jones Jr. (52-4, 38 KOs) won a twelve round unanimous decision over Felix "Tito" Trinidad (42-3, 35 KOs) on Saturday night at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Trinidad was sharp early on. Jones laid on the ropes in round three, beckoning Tito to attack his body, but Tito remained patient. Jones had a good round four, landing some clean shots. Jones seemed to be walking down Trinidad as the bout progressed, while Tito concentrated on the body. Jones dropped Trinidad in round seven with a right hand to the temple, but did not follow up. Jones was just too strong for Trinidad in the ensuing rounds as he pressed the action in rounds eight and nine. Jones floored Trinidad again at the end of round ten. In the end, scores were 116-110, 117-109, 116-110. The bout was fought at 170lbs

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
roy wins by close UD.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TysonJones said:
Why did you delete the whole thread?
why do you think?

were you happy with the BS in the other one?

i think we can all agree to get back to what its all about and start debating the fights and we'll deal with the things we're about to deal with!

by the way lance, dont post fights that aint already signed yet, unless a fight is signed i dont want to see it in here.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
It'll be a fight that I want to watch, but I don't really see RJ losing to Tito

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i wont sleep on tito although i think rjj pulls out a UD, with tito's power and roys fragile whiskers it wouldn't be a shock to see roy being ko'd.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TysonJones said:
this is my section, its worked fine, im not changing anything about this section or how I run it.
read the pm ive sent you.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
TommyGunn said:
i wont sleep on tito although i think rjj pulls out a UD, with tito's power and roys fragile whiskers it wouldn't be a shock to see roy being ko'd.
I think Tito is a great fighter and this is going to be a big fight for both fighters, but if Tito couldn't handle B-Hop or Winky......get the picture buddy :D
And I don't see anything fragile with Roy Jones he's a hall of fame fighter who made a mistake

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Hey ex, can I ask you a question. Do you like the setup of the boxingupcoming matches, news and results? Do you like the wide variety of fights to talk about? And also, do you have a problem with calzaghe/hopkins being on the list becasue even though it isnt signed, its pretty much guarenteed right?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Executioner said:
I think Tito is a great fighter and this is going to be a big fight for both fighters, but if Tito couldn't handle B-Hop or Winky......get the picture buddy :D
And I don't see anything fragile with Roy Jones he's a hall of fame fighter who made a mistake
you can look at it that way, you can also look at him getting ko'd by glen johnson who doesn't punch as hard as tito does.

the last thing a fighter loses is his power and tito can bang with the best, if he hits roy with the right shot then roy gets ko'd.

as ive said though, im taking roy to win on points but i wont be betting on the fight because tito has a chance IMO.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
You really think tito hits harder than glen johnson? I mean i know tito is known as a puncher at his normal weight but I think johnson, a normal 168 or 175 pound man. Probabley hits harder than tito. I wont rule a tito ko out but I think roy can eat tito left hooks all night easy personally. I'll take rj by knockout.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
TysonJones said:
You really think tito hits harder than glen johnson? I mean i know tito is known as a puncher at his normal weight but I think johnson, a normal 168 or 175 pound man. Probabley hits harder than tito. I wont rule a tito ko out but I think roy can eat tito left hooks all night easy personally. I'll take rj by knockout.
tito carried his power to 160 no problem, he's the only fighter to have stopped william joppy, he also ko'd a good european fighter named hacine cherife at 160.

yeah, tito imo punches harder than johnson. he has enough power to ko roy jones anyway.

1 - 20 of 384 Posts