Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Roy Jones Jr. vs. Prince Badi

1653 Views 8 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  daveDaboxingfan
Thoughts on the fight?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
I think Jones will win maybe maybe late stopage or decision. Depends if Jones takes chances or is just conservative. Jones will probably be to quick.

I have never seen Ajamu fight so hopefully I am wrong & its a good fight.

I hope Jones gets KO'd.

Are you watchin it? What do you think?
My thoughts...why? Why is he moving to light heavyweight? Maybe this is a "tune-up" fight for something much bigger for him to end his career with. Possibly the long anticipated Jones vs Hopkins rematch? Or maybe its just a kiss goodbye to the boxing world, in a fight that just doesnt seem to amount to anything? Maybe Jones is just squeezing out one more payday before his final exit? Hopefuly its the first scenario, and I finally get to see the rematch that should have happened years ago. Although at this point, I think Hopkins would give him too much to handle. But thats what I really want to see, now isnt it.
Captainobvious99 said:
My thoughts...why? Why is he moving to light heavyweight? Maybe this is a "tune-up" fight for something much bigger for him to end his career with. Possibly the long anticipated Jones vs Hopkins rematch? Or maybe its just a kiss goodbye to the boxing world, in a fight that just doesnt seem to amount to anything? Maybe Jones is just squeezing out one more payday before his final exit? Hopefuly its the first scenario, and I finally get to see the rematch that should have happened years ago. Although at this point, I think Hopkins would give him too much to handle. But thats what I really want to see, now isnt it.

Jones has been at light heavy his last 4 fights like 3 years.

I hope Hopkins retires & doesnt make any foolish comebacks in the next few years. I would be happy seeing Hopkins goin into the Hall of fame in 5 or 6 years.
ERIK said:
Jones has been at light heavy his last 4 fights like 3 years.

I hope Hopkins retires & doesnt make any foolish comebacks in the next few years. I would be happy seeing Hopkins goin into the Hall of fame in 5 or 6 years.
Hopkins is a lock for the hall of fame already. I think thats the only fight he'd come out of retirement for. But I would love to see that be the only, and final fight of both of their careers.
Back in the day RJJ wins this easy, but now he is completely washed up. My heart breaks everytime I watch him try to fight....I believe he's only doing it for the money, as there is no fire in him anymore.
does any one know if this going to be on TV if yes When and what net work.
Dave
daveDaboxingfan said:
does any one know if this going to be on TV if yes When and what net work.
Dave

On PPV. About a month ago July 29th I think it was :dunno:
ERIK said:
On PPV. About a month ago July 29th I think it was :dunno:
i know that
i mean the replay on TV
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.