Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By Mark Vester

According to the Tallahassee Democrat, the IBF has ordered an eliminator between former four-division champion Roy Jones Jr. (52-4, 38KOs) and power-punching prospect Tavoris Cloud (18-0, 17KOs). The winner would be named the mandatory challenger to light heavyweight champion Antonio Tarver, who won the title last weekend from Clinton Woods.

Cloud has already accepted the IBF's offer. Jones has until the end of today to respond or the sanctioning body will pass him over and offer the eliminator to another fighter.

"Tavoris Cloud gladly accepts the invitation to fight for the elimination bout for the No. 1 position against Roy Jones," Cloud's manager, Jerry Attardi said. "My fighter is willing and able to fight Roy Jones."

Cloud is hoping that Jones steps up and accepts the fight.

"It's pretty exciting to me," Cloud said. "A fight like this I can really get up for. Roy Jones has been a great fighter, but all of that is about to come to an end. Hopefully he will accept the fight. If he doesn't, somebody else will take the fight. Whichever way it goes, I'll be fighting somebody for the number one spot."

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
and you know he'll find a reason not to fight dawson. they met every last single demand he had, and he ends up backing out because the fight was at foxwoods. that's some corny ****.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
and you know he'll find a reason not to fight dawson. they met every last single demand he had, and he ends up backing out because the fight was at foxwoods. that's some corny ****.
I agree.......

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Hmm, never heard of this guy but it looks like he'll be testing jones chin. What weight is this exactly being held out. I didnt read the article sorry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts