Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Which of these would RJ beat?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another thread gave me this idea. Go back to 2003, Roy Jones steps upto HW to fight John Ruiz. How does THAT Roy Jones fair against these 4 HWs?

Vote the ones you think he'd beat.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
I don't think he beats any of them. I'd say a guy like Povetkin, Fields or Chambers he would be about 50/50

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
You should of put a none pick too LL. I picked Russian Chagaev though as of right now Chagaev is fast enough to continually catch him with that quick left. He has a chance to beat Peter and Chagaev, but would probably be kowt (knocked out while trying).

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
He has a good chance of beating all exept Wlad imo. He would just move in and out and run from Valuev since hes slow. Hes much faster and a better boxer then Chagaev, and peter is gets too tired too quick and Jones would flurry to steal rounds. Wlad would win him tho imo.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You should of put a none pick too LL. I picked Russian Chagaev though as of right now Chagaev is fast enough to continually catch him with that quick left. He has a chance to beat Peter and Chagaev, but would probably be kowt (knocked out while trying).
Yeah i didn't think about that.

He has a good chance of beating all exept Wlad imo. He would just move in and out and run from Valuev since hes slow. Hes much faster and a better boxer then Chagaev, and peter is gets too tired too quick and Jones would flurry to steal rounds. Wlad would win him tho imo.
Thats what i thought too. No way could even Roy Jones get past that reach at such a disadvantage.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Yeah and Wlad also always performs best when he knows his opponent cant hurt him, and altho Roy can punch im not sure he has that knockout punch at HW.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
I think Valuev would wear him out like he did to Monte Barret throwing one shot to Valuev's face is like throwing a 3 punch combo, since to hit him in the jaw you have to jump and wouldnt hurt him anyways.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
IMO Roy would outbox Valuev easier than Chagaev did. Klitschko would just crush him without throwing one right hand. Peter would never get discouraged and end up catching Roy on the Ropes. Roy-Chagaev would be close, but I gave Roy the nod because a prime RJJ was amazing.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
A prime RJ versus Dr. Steelhammer would be interesting to me. I guess the same goes for Valuev since he's so big and awkward. He does have a good jab, although not as devastating as Klitschko's. I think his biggest weapon would be his body hair cutting Roy all to pieces. Out of that group, I see current day RJ doing best against Chagaev.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
A prime RJ versus Dr. Steelhammer would be interesting to me. I guess the same goes for Valuev since he's so big and awkward. He does have a good jab, although not as devastating as Klitschko's. I think his biggest weapon would be his body hair cutting Roy all to pieces. Out of that group, I see current day RJ doing best against Chagaev.
:laugh::laugh:Seriously, someone should tell him to cut that shitt!!!

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Am i the only one who scored Valuev vs Ruiz for Ruiz? :S I actually think Ruiz has a decent chance of winning the rematch but i doubt it since Valuev has actually improved since getting his new trainer.

ps. Oh and i dont think Valuev cutting his bodyhair will make him any more attractive ^^

1 - 20 of 21 Posts