Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great honour for Munich’s boxing fans and especially for three-time WBC super middleweight champion Markus Beyer who takes on Murat Mahmudov on March 14th in Munich after one and a half years of ring absence! Superstar Roy Jones, jr. is planning to come from Pensacola to Bavaria to watch Beyer who might be Jones’ next opponent.

In the past all attempts have failed to bring the “best boxer in the world” to Germany. Now it seems as if Jones, jr. is actually coming – ARENA-CEO Ahmet Öner made it happen!

Markus Beyer (34-3-1, 13 KOs) is very proud and excited about the possibility to fight the former world middleweight, super middleweight, light heavyweight and heavyweight champion who unified seven championship belts in 2001.

Beyer: “If two great fighters and former champions come together for a big fight that always means big money!”

ARENA-CEO Ahmet Öner: “If we can make it and agree on deal I will do all I can to make the fight in Gemany!”

Easy win for Jones.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I think Jones is only interested in Money-Names at this point. That became apparent to me when he called out Oscar De La Hoya for a 166lbs fight.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Well maby hes trying to keep himself busy? It problaby isnt a bad idea to have one warmup fight and then have a huge fight later this year.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Who is Beyer talking about when he says "two great fighters?" I know Jones is one of them. But who's the other one?

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Well maby hes trying to keep himself busy? It problaby isnt a bad idea to have one warmup fight and then have a huge fight later this year.
Dang Brutus thats all jones has had, since getting his ass handed to him by tarver and johnson, warm up fights

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Dang Brutus thats all jones has had, since getting his ass handed to him by tarver and johnson, warm up fights
You are exactly right. Hanshaw and the 147 lber Tito is not exactly putting himself in the line of fire!

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
If I were Jones I'd do the same.. Once nobody wants to fight him and the availible names are dangerous names like Miranda Green. Thats a possibility for Jones to get a impressive KO victory and then get in the big picture

·
8,579 Posts
If I were Jones I'd do the same.. Once nobody wants to fight him and the availible names are dangerous names like Miranda Green. Thats a possibility for Jones to get a impressive KO victory and then get in the big picture
Jones wont fight anyone who has the slightest chance of beating him

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Theres alawsy a chance in boxing cj. you should know this. Jones will fight someone of significants when the guys are available. Jermain didnt want him, and you cant expect him to wait another 6 or 7 months to fight again.

·
8,579 Posts
1 - 20 of 142 Posts