Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night on ESPN2 Friday Night Fights RJJ said he wants to get the Victor of BHop JC. He seems more eager to fight JC, claiming he would bring more to the table.

He proposed a 60 to the winner, 40 to the loser, stipulation
if he faces Hopkins. Then goes on a small tyraid about Golden Boy.

IMO one of these fights will happen. Ether would be a fitting way for all three to finish their careers. BHop won't be able to resist avenging on of his two real loses, and JC RJJ would be match twelve years in the making.

The video is on espn

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I didn't get the hint that he even wants Hopkins at all. he wants JC if he wins and if he doesn't then he said he wanted maybe Johnson for whatever reason...

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Calzaghe has said he wont fight him now, he tried to get him for years while Roy was at the top but nothing came of it.

He's said in his book beating Roy now would mean nothing to his legacy, he'd get no credit for the win.

Hopkins vs Roy is a posibility, even when Hopkins loses tonight its still a fight that could be made. Id pay to see that!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think RJJ needs JC more than JC needs RJJ as well.

Although, how could JC have been chasing RJJ when they were in different weight classes and JC has never been to the USA a few months ago. JC didn't want it with RJJ when he was P4P don.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I think RJJ needs JC more than JC needs RJJ as well.

Although, how could JC have been chasing RJJ when they were in different weight classes and JC has never been to the USA a few months ago. JC didn't want it with RJJ when he was P4P don.
Calzaghe was more than willing to move up and fight Roy, he chassed Roy and Hopkins for years.

Calzaghe has been in the US lots of times, he spoke with Roy at the WBO awards back in 2001 and told him he'd love to fight.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know what it is, he was a total unknown state-side prior to his demolition of Jeff Lacy.

He hasn't really had a voice heard in the American press till 2006.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Can't see Calzaghe taking Jones at this stage, I think Pavlik is the fight he wants.
Thats the natural fight to be made IMO.

You know what it is, he was a total unknown state-side prior to his demolition of Jeff Lacy.

He hasn't really had a voice heard in the American press till 2006.

Correct, to high a risk for little reward.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RJJ had a bum of the month club he was making mixtapes out of for big bucks. Why take such a high risk bout for peanut ish.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
RJJ had a bum of the month club he was making mixtapes out of for big bucks. Why take such a high risk bout for peanut ish.
Thats why i'll never consider him among the greats.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
This thread brings up another type of excitment for tonight. I can't wait till the post fight interviews to hear exactly what the winner and loser are thinking. We know absolutly nothing.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
RJJ doesn't need to fight Calzaghe, he should beat Johnson so then he can say that evryman who has beaten him, he has beaten.
That my freind is a great point, He should be itching to fight Glen. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't think Roy wants anything to do with the Road Warrior. Similar to the reason he wouldn't touch JC with a pole during the 90's.

He doesnt even mention him in the interview. Roy just wants to cash out before he gets out.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Both Roy and Glen have said they are willing, i dont see why that cant be made ASAP.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Calzaghe has said he wont fight him now, he tried to get him for years while Roy was at the top but nothing came of it.

He's said in his book beating Roy now would mean nothing to his legacy, he'd get no credit for the win.

Hopkins vs Roy is a posibility, even when Hopkins loses tonight its still a fight that could be made. Id pay to see that!

Jones has no right even mentioning hopkins and calzaghes names. His career is shot he got destroyed twice in ko losses since then he has fought 2 clubfighters and a former champ 2 weights below him who has fought ONCE!! in over 3 years Get in line Jones beat a legit top 5 contender then maybe you could try again

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Jones has no right even mentioning hopkins and calzaghes names. His career is shot he got destroyed twice in ko losses since then he has fought 2 clubfighters and a former champ 2 weights below him who has fought ONCE!! in over 3 years Get in line Jones beat a legit top 5 contender then maybe you could try again

I agree, i think he should fight Glen.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts